HackYourFuture is a fast-growing coding school for refugees. Currently refugees in Europe have very few opportunities that prepare them for the modern job-market in their new countries of residence. We believe this is a big missed opportunity as we see a lot of potential in this group and we also believe this generation of refugees could be the next generation of developers. In our 6-month program we train refugees to become full-stack web-developers with the clear aim of preparing them for the job-market. We are located in 4 countries throughout Europe and have helped over 80 refugees land their first job position as a developer.
To lead, and further develop, our educational program we’re looking for an Education Director (full-time) working from our Amsterdam Office.
The Education Director is responsible for the content of the program and the progress of the students in the Netherlands. Your main goal will be to graduate as many students as possible, and make them well prepared for the job-market. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for coding and teaching, and genuinely cares about making a positive impact on the lives of refugees. You will work intensively together with the program director, the partnership manager and very skilled volunteers to make grow HYF further.
- Leading the further improvement of content and structure of the course
- Leading and supporting a team of around 40 highly skilled mentors and teachers in theNetherlands which entailsa) making sure our classes are well-planned
b) update and improve the current curriculum in line with demands of the job market and improved way of learning
c) maintain a strong relationship with teachers to make sure they feel motivated and contribute to improvement of the current program, your job is to get the best out of our volunteers in the long-term
- Further developing efficient ways of monitoring and tracking the progress of our studentsMinimum qualifications- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good fundamental knowledge of programming
- Excellent social skills
- Experience with teaching web-development
- Experience with leading and facilitating larger groups of volunteers
- Experience with learning methodologies
What we offer:
- A purposeful job which enables you to contribute directly to more diversity in the tech sector and to the lives of refugees
- A lot of freedom in your work, we don’t care too much how short/long or where you work, as long as you get the job done
- Work with amazing students from all over the world, tech-companies, visit tech- conferences and contribute to our international ambitions
- Decent Salary
- Latest Macbook Pro to work onInterested? Please email us your CV and a short motivation to [email protected] more about Hack Your Future:
- Coverage on NOS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHGUNPBMlrs
- Coverage in NRC: http://www.nrc.nl/handelsblad/2016/03/04/vluchtelingen-vormen-juist-een-enorm-potentieel-1595211
- Example of graduate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbxDUmVy8Qk