PubMatic is hiring a Director, Publisher Development for Southern Europe, to join our growing team in Madrid.
As a leader in PubMatic’s Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing, long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long term relationships.
The best candidates will have strong programmatic and non-programmatic Publisher relationships, as well as a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies, and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- Work with the Leadership Team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Developing a publisher sales strategy and sales team that drives accelerated business growth
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Developing territory and prospect plans
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Presenting PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Evangelizing the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participating in industry events, both local and remote
- Developing and growing PubMatic’s market presence
- The ideal candidate will have worked at an ad serving technology company (DoubleClick, Atlas), an SSP, an ad network, Publisher, and/or large media company
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- A strong set of existing relationships with large media companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong written, presenting & oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- 6+ years in a sales or business development role in the online industry
- BA/BS degree required, MBA/JD a plus
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance plus many extra perks. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.