Hack Partners are leading technology driven improvements in the UK, starting with the transport industry. We’re leading this effort through our flagship movement, the HackTrain by running fast paced technology trials, providing management consultancy services and delivering hackathons. The HackTrain has become well recognised for being an incredibly powerful medium for solving the industry's biggest challenges improving operational efficiency and customer experience. The movement is supported by the Department for Transport, government ministers and the UK’s biggest train operating companies.
We are increasingly becoming the top choice within the transport industry for breakthrough level innovation. In order to scale and make an impact we need a world-class team to help us make a difference in this fast-growing but slow moving industry.
Together we can drive massive change within the transport industry that will see it becoming more efficient and pleasant to use for everyone. Your role will be to help the company. Opportunities include some of the following:
- Build strong and effective relationships with technology companies
- Build strong and effective relationships with senior level executives within the rail industry
- Impacting an entire industry through innovation based on the relationships and partnerships you build from events
Are you the one who can forever change the transport industry?
You will be at the heart of a truly unique movement that will have a massive impact within the UK economy. Here are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Working closely with the CEO to create plans and execute on strategies to achieve them
- Co-ordinating between the different team’s to ensure projects are delivered to the Hack Partners’ standard
- Working closely with the CEO and Lead Consultant to create and pitch proposals to new and existing clients
- Assist in tracking company and individual goals so the company and each team member achieves monthly and quarterly goals
- Working closely with the CEO and Lead Consultant to understand the potential resources and requirements needed for upcoming projects (staff, time, and funds etc)
- Planning for and anticipating potential risks and resources for the company as a whole as well as on a project level
- Leading weekly, monthly, and quarterly planning meetings with the wider team
Skills and experience desired:
- Extremely competent with google mail, sheets, docs, slides and drive
- Experience with emailing to a professional standard; you could be tasked with reaching out to clients, partners etc
- Jack of all trades; we want someone who has a bit of experience in many different roles and can understand each role well enough to help the team achieve their goals
- Good attention to detail; we want someone who enjoys making things great!
- Self-starter; we want someone who can come up with great ideas and execute them!
- Strong understanding of and passion for technology and early stage companies
- Experience managing a team of 7 of more throughout a duration of a year or more
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in formulating a Deliberately Developmental Organisation
- Passionate about innovation and the railway or transport industry
- Familiar with Asana, Slack, Xero
- Experience in a startup, early-stage investment or technology context
What do you get?
- The opportunity to fundamentally change and improve the transport industry
- The opportunity to engage with and work alongside our young innovators, key stakeholders in the transport industry and railtech startups
- Quarterly bonuses based on results and overall company performance
About Hack Partners Culture
Passion & Flexibility
- We match personal and professional aspirations where possible in a flexible structure for optimal growth
Energy & Expectations
- We exceed expectations by inspiring, entertaining and being brave; breaking the glass ceiling with never-ending amounts of energy and courage.
Team, Mindfulness & Family
- We are efficient and resourceful while mindful and caring of each other and everyone around us. We also take pride in our achievements.
Honesty, Transparency & Trust
- We strive for transparency where possible in every aspect of the business.
Check out our website and social media platforms:
Also check out: