Relayr is the fastest growing and one of the most successful industrial internet of things (IIoT) organizations.
With 200+ employees and 5 years of company history we are successfully helping companies in industrial markets to navigate disruption and stay relevant. Our unique combination of applying world-class technology, powerful financial and insurance offerings, with dedicated professional services allows us to deliver guaranteed business outcomes to customers.
Recently, through its subsidiary Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), Munich Re has acquired 100 percent of relayr, valued at US$300 million. This allows relayr to be a trusted long-term horizon partner, especially for mid market industrial companies. Relayr’s end-to-end IoT solutions will now get access to the Group’s unique financial engineering, risk-management and domain expertise and allow us to design business outcome solutions not available in the market today. This acquisition is a strategic investment that allows us to continue operating independently and maintain our distinct culture and innovation power, while leveraging the Munich Re Group’s stability and financial strength.
As Director of Sales DACH, you will be responsible for the creation and execution of the sales strategy for the Central Europe region - Deutsch (German), A — Österreich (Austria), CH — Schweiz (Switzerland). You will be a key leader at relayr with a focus on the Mittelstand.
This is a hybrid role of strategic planning, sales optimization and operations, and field sales execution. The successful candidate will establish him/herself as a trusted advisor to customers, partners, and various stakeholders within relayr while managing a team of Account Executives to ensure sales targets are met and exceeded. Based in any major German city and willing to travel.
You will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer / VP Global Sales and be responsible for all direct sales efforts for relayr’s IoT Software and Services in DACH. The role requires proven sales leadership skills and a working knowledge of operations in the industrial sector and new technologies affecting it and a demonstrated ability to deliver results. Industrial IoT solutions at relayr target manufacturing mid-market customers focused on companies who manufacture, service or operate products all across the region.
We are more than just an IIoT company. Our unique value stack combines IIoT technology and delivery with financing and insurance services to create a potent combination that allows you to achieve ambitious new business goals, totally risk free. Together with HSB and Munich Re we will keep building unique and innovative solutions to continue delivering business outcomes for our customers. Especially in DACH, consultative sales leadership would be key to build up on existing successes and customers like Grohe, Tenneco, Aluvation etc.
You will lead and build a team of “A-Players” and have them focused on key named accounts to provide product solutions, develop new business, ensuring tangible business outcomes and maintaining positive ongoing relationships. Plan and direct all sales activities and sell resources alongside relayr's marketing, professional services, and R&D teams to target specific accounts and propose specific solutions for a given account. Effectively interface at many levels with senior managers on C-Level.
- Effectively facilitate joint initiatives with cross-functional relayr and non-relayr teams to strategically engage resources to meet and exceed sales targets; focusing on key accounts.
- Lead and coach a growing team of current and new Account Executives to drive business relevance /customer value selling for your customer’s business models with IIoT.
- Identify key areas for improvement in the sales process and discover market opportunities for new customers.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving profitable growth. Ensure accurate opportunity details within Salesforce.com from the team.
- Building Winning Capability within relayr – focusing on collaboratively contributing to the long term success of relayr through the sharing of best practices.
- Develop individual account plans and strategies for existing and new accounts; using Account Based Targeting for large complex deals.
- Actively promote relayr’s suite of solutions, products and services to prospects, customers, and partners while engaging proactively in cross-selling and up-selling sales activities.
- A persistent self-starter with a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing management theories and inspiring teams.
- A personal desire to work in an entrepreneurial small company culture, and ability to play multiple roles from field sales to strategic planning, leadership of team members etc.
- Strong leader and communicator, exceptional customer-facing skills.
- Technically proficient with a successful background in long sales cycle/industrial sector, and have a proven history of excelling in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- 10+ years of quota carrying and other sales focused roles; and 10+ years of experience in leading a team of senior sales executives; with a preference of experience in the Industrial sector.
- Strategic thinker who is able to blend technology and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives.
- Fluency in English and German is a must.
Other Skills Required:
- Experience and success working within a revenue quota and commission structure.
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools and experienced Salesforce.com user.
- A good understanding of the industrial market and experience in discussing technology with customers is key.
- Experience with Account Based Targeting/Marketing would be very helpful.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing and an expanding library of books
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences
- Competitive salary
- An office located in the Central Tower in Munich
- A chance to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sounds interesting? Please apply here: