SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world. Our Digital & Innovation (D&I) department promotes and develops digital innovation initiatives across SGS; the line of business (LOB) Digital Innovation Manager is the interface between the D&I operations in the LOB and the global D&I department. Our mission is to create a better, safer, and connected world by supporting, improving, or augmenting our physical operations with digital technologies.
Reporting to the EVP of Natural resources and to the SVP Digital and Innovation you will be well-positioned to make an impact to SGS.
- Actively monitor key trends for digital innovation Natural Resources and translate key insights into concrete Solution Spaces;
- Keep abreast of what other TIC service providers, technology developers and start-ups are working on and assess their applicability within SGS;
- Work with Global Product Managers of the LOB to drive and assess new digital initiatives within the identified Solution Spaces, develop the design proposals for review by EVP. Proactively bring forth recommendations to global product managers
- Be responsible for aligning customer digital strategic initiatives and expectations with SGS digital innovation portfolio and roadmap; interacting with client/client digital teams to better understand needs and working jointly on new solutions development
- Ensure high focus on speed of delivery and lead the drive with relevant stakeholders with Natural Resources, Global IT and D&I to ensure milestones are met
- Develop scalable digital services and solution portfolios for Natural Resources that can be replicated across SGS regions;
- Drive stage gate decision and funding allocation for Natural Resources initiatives in collaboration with the global D&I department and represent Natural Resources on the global digital innovation board
- Ensure periodic communication to Global group as well as network on status of new initiatives/projects
- Guide SGS stakeholders with developing their Minimal Viable Product for digital initiatives and develop a roadmap to ensure successful rollout;
- Act as an ambassador and promote best practice and innovation governance to SGS stakeholders;
- Act as the main point of contact for the LOB with D&I;
- Engage with digital and innovation teams within the network to jointly assess new and existing projects with view to upscaling
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior SGS management such as the Operations Council and LOB managers.
While we are primarily looking for someone who can help drive change through our organisation y embracing digital opportunities, we would expect to have the following experience:
- Masters degree level in a related technical field and or business administration;
- Experience of leading digital and innovation initiatives within one or more of the following areas: minerals, agriculture, oil and gas.
- Experience with strategy development, roadmap planning, and portfolio management in large corporations;
- Familiarity with Business Modelling, Design Thinking, Lean Start-up and Corporate Start-up methodologies;
- Experience of developing and managing start-ups in collaboration with accelerators;
- Able to apply judgment and act according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.