As part of our cross-functional Data Platform team you are responsible for building and operating our service and data platform that enable the Fineway R&D team to ship great products and serve the needs of our customers. As a DevOps Engineer you leverage your skills in building a resilient and scalable platform using an infrastructure-as-code thinking and take pride in achieving our core service-level agreements.
- Design and implement a modern cloud-based infrastructure based on AWS.
- Enable our development teams to build scalable and robust services by supporting the evaluation of the right type of infrastructure services.
- Manage and extend our existing Kubernetes infrastructure to power our micro service infrastructure.
- Introduce and operate new infrastructure components like message queues, databased and networking.
- Build, test and manage infrastructure and code using a modern automation toolchain.
- Detect and evaluate new trends in building scalable infrastructure products.
The Fineway Instant Trip Planning Service is powered by a modern technology stack based on Node.js, Python, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis which represent the backbone of our micro-service architecture. To ensure that our platform scales with increasing user demand and meets our requirements in terms of performance and availability, we are running our services on AWS and glue everything together with Docker and Kubernetes.
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer.
- Proven expertise with running modern cloud platforms using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Linux.
- Strong background in managing AWS infrastuctures: IAM, VPC,
- Expertise in designing and operating infrastructure for modern micro-service and event-driven architectures.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure automation tooling with technologies like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Knowledge in Relational (PostgreSQL) & NoSQL database management.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools.
- Diligent mindset and clear communication
- Fluent communication in English, German is a bonus
What to expect
- A top international team with a multiple award-winning product.
- An environment for your growth: open doors, flat hierarchies and full transparency.
- An attractive compensation package and clear development paths for your career.
- Professional training & coaching for further education, Brown Bag sessions, and much more.
- Flexible working hours and a top-equipped workplace in the middle of Munich.
- Fresh fruit, healthy breakfast, regular joint lunches and team events.
- Greatly discounted travel conditions and other travel-related benefits.
Our mission: We free travelers from wasting time & money on travel planning ever again.
We believe the future of travel is not search & compare but a delightful conversation to instantly create personalized trips that match your unique style & personal preferences.
That’s why we’ve built an interface-agnostic conversation engine powered by advanced statistics & deep learning methods to decode your travel intent faster & better than anyone else. The purpose? To magically deliver perfectly tailored travel experiences instantly to your inbox. Free, transparent & bookable.