magicplan is growing! Therefore we are looking for an experienced technical DevOps Engineer to join our team in Nantes City Center.
Thanks to our mindset of always pushing the frontier of innovation, coupled with our top-notch AR and AI mobile technologies, magicplan users can transform built space into structured data on-site. It is our goal to disrupt the processes and product chains in the construction and remodelling industry, by building the technologies of tomorrow.
We’re proud to have had magicplan selected as an Apple “App of the Year” and “App of the week” in over 100 countries. magicplan has also earned praise from many industry leaders such as Construction Tech Review. Over 20 million users and major corporations use magicplan and have created the largest floor plan database in the world.
What's The Job About
In this role you will work inside the new QA team, closely together with our QA Engineer and dev Cloud & App dev team to build and improve our Continuous Integration & Delivery platform and testing infrastructure, in addition to keep our production infrastructure up to date, secure and fast. Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes, just as you would expect it from a dynamic start-up. And most importantly you will work with a motivated, international team.
- Working on automating tests and integration with our QA Engineers and Developers
- Maintain and optimize our AWS Infrastructure in an optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives
- Monitor our systems as well as our backend strategies and develop ways to improve
- Improve, consolidate and maintain development environments (Docker)
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Support developers in deployments and related processes
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
What we expect
The ideal candidate is an excellent script programmer with LAMP and AWS skills, and passionate about playing with new technologies. Several years of experience as an integrator, you come with excellent knowledge of DEVOPS and CI/CD and experience working with complex systems.
You’re welcome and expected to come up with new ideas for improvements to our infrastructure and processes and contribute to the betterment bringing in your experience. You’ll work closely with your colleagues and management to get your improvements to fruition.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, equivalent engineering degree or work experience
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience in AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, S3, ELB)
- Expertise in LAMP Stack
- Knowledge of automation, coding, and scripting
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
- Fluent in English (vocal & written)
What we offer
- Rich and fulfilling technical work The opportunity to build a world-class product and to learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way.
- Purpose and Responsibility A job shouldn't just be a job! At magicplan, you have the opportunity to take on responsibility, work on exciting projects, and make an impact.
- Flat hierarchies Short decision-making paths and direct cooperation with leadership. No micro-management, clear and transparent.
- Job Stability We offer permanent contracts and a safe work environment where you can focus on your professional and personal goals.
- A great Work-Life Balance Juggling career, family, and social life can be challenging! We have flexible work hours, home office days.
- Support in your development Learning is a lifelong pursuit, we promise to treat it like one. We offer an environment for continued education and the opportunity to learn from each other.
magicplan builds mobile and cloud software to capture interior spaces and assist in the planning of construction jobs. We’re striving to become the go-to solution to capture interior spaces with a mobile device. By combining Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence, we facilitate on-site data acquisition, categorisation, and processing. magicplan assists in the planning, estimating and scheduling of renovation, restoration and remodelling jobs.
We believe in questioning the status quo in the building industry to provide contractors with a better way to get work done while on the go.
Over 20 million users and major corporations use magicplan and have created the largest floor plan database in the world.
Over 79,000 projects were managed using magicplan.
We’re proud to be trusted by 5000+ businesses.
Start with magicplan on our journey to change the work of millions of building and renovation experts around the world!
So if this role speaks to you, we encourage you to apply to our team! We look forward to hearing from you!
A lot of things are slowing down right now due to COVID-19, so a quick update on where we stand. We’ll keep it short. Because not much has changed. We’re continuing recruitment and product development at full speed — just with a heck of a lot more video conferencing!
magicplan is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and fair employment practices.