Are you ready to step into the fast-paced world of fintech? We're Pollinate. We combine the agility and flexibility of a high growth company with the global ambitions and backing of an established brand.
Is this the next step in your career? Find out if you’re the right candidate by reading through the complete overview below.
We at Pollinate think banks have the potential to do more, to be more, and to reclaim the central role in the lives of their business customers. So we are working side by side with them to deliver the technology to help merchants grow and create unforgettable payment experiences to customers. With big global banking clients already under our belt, from NatWest to National Australia Bank, we are growing rapidly, and we need talented people like you to join us on our journey.
As part of Pollinate, you'll be working with experts across payments, technology, customer experience, and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. Workplace wellbeing and inclusivity is very important to us - this year, in addition to internal support, we rolled out the mental health platform, Unmind, company-wide to support each employee's individual wellbeing journey.
Our platform has picked up multiple industry awards, including 'Banking Innovation of the Year' at the 2020 Future Digital Awards, and the 'Innovation Frontier' award at the Celent Model Bank 2020 Awards through our work with NatWest's Pay it. We're also currently shortlisted in the Women in Tech Employer Awards 2020.
Join us to be a key part of a team that's changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we'll push the boundaries of what's possible with payment enabled merchant services for SMEs around the world.
About the role:
As Technical/Dev Lead you will provide strong technical direction and lead a small team of developers.
- You will be responsible for implementing the technical vision as defined and managing the technical deliverables.
- You will own one or more components of our internal and external microservices which forms the basis of our merchant onboarding portal, SaaS services and core acquiring platform.
- In addition, you will be working side-by-side with other engineers, leads and architects on platform architecture, integration (internal/external), performance and security to create a powerful platform to enable us reinvent merchant acquiring for banks.
- You will work with a talented and experienced team of engineers, architects, product managers designers as well as having the opportunity to contribute to product design, architecture, system reliability and scalability of our services.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the teams uses engineering best practices such as CI/CD, TDD/BDD, automated testing and influencing the adoption of best tools for completing day to day development tasks.
- Implementing industry best practices and coding standards of the project/platform
- Accountable for the technical development and quality assurance of one or more products across the teams
- Mentoring developers and encouraging the adoption of best practises within the team
- Support Business Analysts, Product Managers and Delivery Managers in producing roadmaps and estimates
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture using best practices, common standard and frameworks
- Develop microservices, applications and tools by producing clean, testable and efficient code
- Documenting application low level technical design, including software diagrams, pseudo code comments and operating instructions
- Create proof of concepts if required, to validate proposed solutions and seek feedback from stakeholders
- Working with business users by evaluating the problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions technical analysis of business requirements, low level design documentation
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them
- Proactively benchmark application code to mitigate performance and scalability issues
- Work with the Quality Assurance team on issue reporting, resolution, and change control
- Assisting the DevOps team with any environment issues during application deployment across Development, QA, Pre-production, and Production environments
- Collaborating with test and application support teams in troubleshooting problems that may arise from applications or integration of various components
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve developed software and application
What we are looking for:
- Java/J2EE and associated concepts including OO and service design principles (JSON and/or RESTful). Strong knowledge and experience of Java 8 and above, as well as Spring Hibernate/JPA etc.
- Good understanding and experience of test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Strong experience and knowledge of relational databases and SQL tuning
- Experience working with Agile methodologies as part of the software development life cycle.
- Experience of working with containers andmessage brokers like Kafka or any other message brokers
- Experience of container services like Kubernetes, Docker etc
- Experience of working of Cloud systems preferably Azure
- Microservice design and development Rest, JSON/XML
- Multi-threading in high volume, high availability systems.
- Experience of mobile app development using native or hybrid frameworks
Who we are looking for:
- Starter-finisher attitude to manage work
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- High energy and drive that suits a start-up environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
- Effective working in ambiguous environments
- Pollinate offers excellent benefits, including up to 20% bonus
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working hours
- Online Yoga class
- Telephone call
- Video call with hiring manager
- Tech test
- Tech deep dive with team