Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split into 5 groups:
- EAS Hardware
- Base engine
- Engine Auxiliaries
- CAE and FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment
- EGR system & Turbo system)
In the FIETU group currently, there is a vacancy for a Mechanical Expert for Turbochargers
As Turbocharger Mechanical Expert, you are responsible for the technical development of the turbocharger, in close cooperation with Tier1 suppliers and PACCAR internal stakeholders (Validation- and Calibration teams, Production Engineering, After Sales, Purchasing, etc).
In this role, you apply your detailed hardware- and actuator software knowledge for the development of future engine platforms, as well as improving the current products.
- Take a leading role in the definition of turbocharger technologies for future projects, and initiate the required test- and simulation activities to prove that concepts are performing as expected.
- Solve testing- and/or field issues, by determining root cause and solutions in a structured way
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Working according to Design for Six Sigma methodologies
In this role, you report to the Line Lead Engineer Turbocharging (informal) and to the Supervisor Fuel Injection Equipment & Turbocharger (formal).