Within PACCAR Inc., the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre, we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks.
Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware: Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split into 5 groups:
- EAS Hardware
- Base engine
- Engine Auxiliaries
- CAE and FIETU (Fuel Injection Equipment, EGR system & Turbo system)
In the FIETU group currently, there is a vacancy for a Mechanical Expert for Turbochargers
As Turbocharger Mechanical Expert, you are responsible for the technical development of the turbocharger, in close cooperation with Tier1 suppliers and PACCAR internal stakeholders (Validation- and Calibration teams, Production Engineering, After Sales, Purchasing, etc). In this role, you apply your detailed hardware- and actuator software knowledge for the development of future engine platforms, as well as improving current
- Take a leading role in the definition of turbocharger technologies for future projects, and initiate the required test- and simulation activities to prove that concepts are performing as expected.
- Solve testing- and/or field issues, by determining root cause and solutions in a structured way
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Working according to Design for Six Sigma methodologies
- In this role, you report to the Line Lead Engineer Turbocharging (informal) and to the Supervisor Fuel Injection Equipment; Turbocharger (formal).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience, preferably within Engine- or Automotive Development(Detailed) Knowledge of turbocharger hardware
- Experience with problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- We will boost your career through personal and technical growth.
- We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy.
- We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary.
- You’ll become a member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language!
- You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
- You will be challenged by your peers.
As a result, you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!