The position of Deskside Technician – End User Computing performs troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of end user computing equipment and peripheral equipment at corporate locations.
The candidate works on assignments of a diverse scope where analysis of data and hardware requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The candidate exercises judgment with supervision within the generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and acts as a liaison between customers, departments, and within the organization to lead problem resolution.
Essential duties for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide onsite support to Authorized Users with operational and technical support and to meet specified SLAs
- Resolve incidents and problems associated with EUC equipment
- Perform reactive troubleshooting to effectively identify potential incidents or problems, and attempt to eliminate them to occur in the future
- Support Authorized Uses connecting or attempting to connect to corporate network and assist in the coordination and completion of accessing LAN, print, and file services; connection to WAN; and accessing appropriate LAN segments
- Provide repair and maintenance for mobile devices
- Install, upgrade and repair EUC equipment (desktops, laptops, monitors, and associated peripherals)
- Provide software break/fix services and replacement of non-warranty assets for end users
- Provide network printers and scanner network connectivity, including providing network support for device configuration, for IP addressing, and direct TCP/IP output
- Provide warranty and break/fix support for networked printers and scanners
- Configure and support end users on mobile computing platforms
- Provide VIP support for equipment including desktop devices, mobile devices, display screens, video systems, docking stations, communication devices, direct attached printers, local printers, scanners, wireless networking, etc
- Create, change and remove printer configurations and queues based on requests and in accordance with SLAs
- Provide on-site hardware support for general troubleshooting and problems for end user computing technologies
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback regarding customer requirements which shall include supervising assignments and maintaining timely communication with sales, operations, and branch office personnel.
- Utilize problem management database and systems to track and report on customer calls and requests.
- Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical team and customers.
- Desk side support services as required.