Riskbridge specialises in early-stage advice and is typically involved across all aspects of the risk management workstream, including risk analysis, development of hedging strategy, debt funding and derivatives procurement, documentation, execution and liquidity strategy, financial close planning and execution.
Deep derivatives expertise, coupled with our knowledge of the underlying asset and financing structures, has allowed us to lead the hedging process on some of the most challenging derivative trades transacted globally, and with some of the largest and most respected infrastructure investors and developers.
We also work on a range of other types of mandates and provide derivatives training to the infrastructure sector.
Founded in 2017, Riskbridge is an entrepreneurial startup company looking to grow a talented team of individuals who are considered best in class in this niche, but challenging and rewarding, business.
Having established a healthy client base and transaction pipeline, Riskbridge is looking to appoint an Analyst to Vice President derivatives advisor to deliver advisory mandates for our core client base. The role includes :
- Working closely with clients, financial advisors, investment bank derivative desks, law firms and other stakeholders, to deliver client transactions with increasing autonomy commensurate with experience.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of client market risk exposures, often entailing use/analysis of large Excel financial models.
- Hedge structuring and pricing, including interest rate, FX / cross-currency and inflation swaps and options.
- Management of trade execution processes.
- Creating and delivering written materials including client pitches, advisory analysis and presentations, term sheets, market commentaries and training material.
Riskbridge is based at Finsbury House, in the City of London. The role offers flexibility around remote working.
- Highly numerate, most likely demonstrated by a strong academic record including a STEM subject degree from a top-tier university.
- Experience in an OTC derivatives (CF30) role within bank derivatives coverage, structuring or advisory would be an advantage.
Relevant experience includes the interest rate, cross-currency, FX and inflation swap and option pricing, XVAs, funding, regulation and basic hedge accounting principles.
- A desire to develop a client-focused consulting skillset, and play an instrumental part in developing long-term client relationships.
Whilst personal client management or consulting experience is not a prerequisite, candidates are likely to be working within teams where these aspects are critical to success.
- A genuine interest in developing knowledge and experience of infrastructure clients and transactions. Experience of infrastructure and utilities or other event driven sectors (private equity, real estate, structured trade and export finance) is not a requirement, but would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Inquisitiveness and strong attention to detail.
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills. VBA knowledge is advantageous.
- The flexibility and self-starting attitude are required to succeed in a small startup company.
- The ability to hold a UK Financial Conduct Authority Approved Person role, including a regulatory reference from the former employer.
- Proof of the right to work permanently in the UK. Applications will not be considered by candidates with temporary permission or requiring sponsorship.