Are you prepared to walk that extra mile for customers? Do you have an eye for detail and at least several years' experience in a similar position? Then this role might just be for you! For one of our clients in Amsterdam we are looking for a demand planner who can start ASAP.
In this position you oversee and manage the whole demand planning and forecasting process for new and existing products. Our client is a French company based in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. They are a major player in distribution around the world with 12,225 stores in more than 30 countries, 321,000 employees and a turnover of nearly billion Euros (source 2019).
In 2017 they opened up their offices in Amsterdam to launch a new concept, in the context of the development of discount stores in Europe with the mission of sourcing the best food and non-food offers in this market. From Amsterdam they supply the 6 European countries of the client (Belgium, Spain, France, Italy, Poland and Romania) using 2 warehouses to date to carry out operations.
They have, in addition to the original trading activity, been providing the back office (assortment, store supply) for the new discount concept developed by the mother holding within its stores since 2021. Since its creation, they have doubled its turnover every year.
A real start-up within a large group of over 60 years old, we are building an international team made up of the best talents around trade, purchasing and the supply chain. Our client is a multinational corporation specialized in retail. The client has a strong focus on non-food category and as part of the expansion for this category, we are looking for a demand planner.
• Oversee demand planning and management processes for new and existing products
• Develop and execute product demand plans to meet organization goals
• Provide support in developing seasonal demand forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to the promotions and discounts
• Develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns and business trends
• Work with customers, sales team and supply chain management to improve forecast accuracy
• Maintain demand plan to ensure cost-effectiveness and to meet customer demands
• Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
• 4-5 years' experience in a similar position
• Background in Retail or FMCG preferred
• Strong background in forecasting/planning
• Project management skills
• Analytical and KPI driven
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Organized individual with a high level of adaptability
• Walters People Academy
• A competitive salary up to annual based on previous experience • A positive work environment in a small office where you really matter
• Travel expenses reimbursed based on the clients own policy
• Long term position at a company with many possibilities to grow and develop yourself