Humanising Autonomy is a London-based startup that is building the global standard of how autonomous systems interact with people. We were founded on the premise of enabling a safer, more human-centered implementation of autonomous technology, and called ourselves Humanising Autonomy simply because that is what we want to do.
Make sure to apply quickly in order to maximise your chances of being considered for an interview. Read the complete job description below.
We have developed a prediction software that is able to predict pedestrian, cyclist and other vulnerable road user behaviour and intent in real-time to improve global mobility systems. The technology combines AI-powered computer vision and behavioural psychology to understand the full, nuanced range of human behaviour, and is able to predict the intentions of pedestrians, cyclists, and other vulnerable road users across cities worldwide.
As a critical perception technology, the software integrates with all levels of autonomy (including autonomous and human-driven vehicles) to improve safety, efficiency, and pedestrian interactions. Our customers include multinational leaders in the automotive and mobility space across Europe, the US and Japan.
Having closed a last year, we are looking to expand our lean team with more creative and practical problem solvers to help us develop this key technology for automated mobility, and realise our vision of better interactions between people and autonomous technology worldwide.
You will be part of the core technical team of engineers, data scientists, and behavioural scientists, and will be designing and implementing cutting-edge computer vision models that understand and interact with people around the world.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing, training, and testing state of the art computer vision and deep learning models to understand and predict intent of vulnerable road users (pedestrians, cyclists etc) for automated vehicles.
- Develop evaluation metrics, and validating models through hypothesis testing
- Working closely with other vision engineers, embedded engineers, data scientists, and behavioural scientists to understand how behavioural insights can be applied to the deep learning models, and how they can be applied to offline systems as well as real time inference systems.
You will be part of the core technical team of engineers, data scientists, and behavioural scientists, and will be designing and implementing cutting-edge computer vision models that understand and interact with people around the world. The role will involve large responsibility and autonomy within the company, and require the ability to work both independently as well as part of a wider team of engineers, scientists, and commercial talent.
- Hands-on experience in designing, training and implementing computer vision models - both classical approaches as well as deep learning approaches using standard deep learning frameworks (eg TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Excellent programming skills in Python and/or C++
- Expertise and hands-on experience in at least oneof the following areas (please highlight which area(s) in your application): Developing and Training Object Detection models, Tracking algorithms and kalman filters, Probabilistic Deep Learning.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines, and being open to and evaluating new / creative ideas and solutions
Nice to Have
Experience working on pedestrian or autonomous vehicle problems in Perception and Prediction.Experience working in any of the following areas: Graphical models, SLAM, Generative models, Parametric model fitting, Bayesian modelling, Probabilistic machine learning, Continuous optimisation (eg Ceres, g2o).
PhD in Computer Vision, Robotics, or Artificial Intelligence or appropriate industry experience (4+ years) showing a similar level of thinking.
-On top of competitive salary and share options for all of our employees, our benefits are created with the aim to support you as a human being in all ways we can. That means we want to provide the best possible work environment, support your personal growth and wellbeing.
- Have a big say in how the Company runs itself
- Pension scheme
- Guarantee lots of plants in the office
- Annual personal development budgets
- Get any book you like
- Company coaching sessions
- Flexible working schedule
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 6 months guaranteed paid parental leave (for both mums&dads! )
- Gym discounts
- Activism - flexible policy on working around protests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular activities to serve the planet
Working with a passionate team of designers, engineers, and social scientists to shape the future!
We try to review your CV as soon as possible, if we think it's a match we love to invite you to start the interview process which consists of the following steps
- An in-depth interview with our tech team to discuss your skills and experience and test results on a technical level.
- A meeting with some other people of the team that you will be working with plus to talk about anything that arose from the previous interview.
All interviews will be online via Zoom or Hangouts due to the current restrictions. Python, C++, Deep Learning, Tensorflow, PyTorchPython, Tensorflow, PyTorch, C++, CUDA, OpenCV, Deep Learning