RatePAY is a Berlin-based company that puts its heart and soul into FinTech. Everything we do revolves around secure online payments. Since our company was founded in 2009, we have grown into one of the leading providers on the payment market.
Working at RatePAY means shaking things up on the payment market. Our industry is constantly changing, which is why we give you the opportunity to actively contribute and pursue your own ideas. We offer you a workplace with a great team, attractive compensation and a good work-life balance.
- As Data Scientist (m/f/diverse) in our Risk Management team you are responsible for developing automated decision systems for fraud prevention
- You further develop and enhance our real time fraud prevention: more predictors, A/B-testing, champion-challenger approach etc.
- Together with your team you are building a fraud pattern detection system to generate labels for training and to detect new fraud trends as early as possible
- You further improve our systems for manual fraud review
- You support building an automated retraining system
- You have already gained profound professional or academic experience in analysing and modelling real world problems
- Solving business problems using mathematics and statistical knowledge is a passion of yours
- You have extensive experience with machine learning methods and a basic knowledge of optimisation methods
- In terms of software development you have intermediary skills in Python, R and/or Julia
- Advanced knowledge in of un-/semi-/supervised learning is a plus
- Experience in the following fields is a huge plus:
- optimisation methods for decision engines
- solving the cold-start-problem
- “transfer-learning” for non-deep-learning models
- designing experiments or automated experimental setups to validate different approaches
- Preferably, you have advanced programming skills in Python as well as knowledge in sklearn, Docker, Linux shell and git
- You have very good English language skills, German is a plus
That's how working at RatePAY will be
- An interdisciplinary team in which you will make a difference and where sharing knowledge is very important
- You can choose your technical equipment and work with a modern tech stack
- Lots of space for your personal and professional development
- Resources to realise your innovative ideas to improve our products
- Internal and external trainings and education
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Company- and team events and a great time with your colleagues
Curious? Send us your application including you CV and relevant diplomas as well as your salary expectations and possible start date via jobs(at)ratepay.com. We are looking forward to your application!