The Free2Move ecosystem is a family of enterprise-level services, websites and mobile apps, created and maintained with modern technologies by our ambitious and enthusiastic development teams; which we desire to extend with a skilled Data scientist working student engineer (m/f). We’re looking for a person that is excited to take on an amazing opportunity to work on real live data in order to create beautiful visual representations of complex information, analyse mobility data from around the world and be part of an exciting new project you will be taking lead responsibility for within the company. You are an English speaking true team player, interested in working in a very small English speaking team which is very friendly and open.
Master Thesis Topic
“Carsharing is a new alternative transport mode which is a good solution to balance travellers’ requirements between private vehicles and public transit.” Understanding car sharing users’ patterns can benefit the car providers to plan and reschedule the distribution of the cars. Use count, use location count, use time length, use time interval, weather information, public transportation information, etc. will be helpful for the student to do the analysis. The master thesis is about to use clustering algorithm to classify the car sharing users’ behavior pattern.
- First, analyze the relevant data points, use count, use location count, use time length, use time interval, weather information, public transportation information, etc.
- Generate relevant analytical geo figures (ex. heatmaps, histograms) to support the analysis in the future.
- Use clustering machine learning models to analyze the pattern of the user behavior.
- Test your model by different scenarios.
- Write down these, prepare final oral presentation.
What we expect from you
- You successfully completed your Bachelor's degree and you are in your finals for a Master degree in Computer Science/Informatic/Engineering or similar discipline.
- Good knowledge in Python, Postgresql and basic statistics.
- Good understanding of data structures, relational and document based database systems.
- English on a professional level, German is a plus.
- Knowledge of location based data or geoJSON is a plus.
What we offer
- You will work on a modern and very well designed stack of technologies
- You will work in an international team with flat hierarchies
- You will have an opportunity to contribute to an amazing product
- The opportunity to grow your own ideas…
- Cool loft office in the heart of Berlin
- You will get free carsharing!!