Fraugster is a German-Israeli payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last two years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world.
Notable clients include companies like Wirecard and Ingenico among others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
As a data scientist (f/m) you're positioned at a crucial intersection of the company - infusing human intelligence into machine-learning algorithms. Your day-to-day work will be about translating fuzzy human behavior into clear code, enhancing our algorithms' overall performance. You'll be working alongside risk experts, developers and business stake-holders, reporting directly to the CTO.
Among others, your responsibilities would include:
- You will design, develop and implement algorithm improvements into our core engine, allowing it to reach new accuracy levels, combining statistical and behavioral machine learning methods
- You will tackle the most complex data-enrichment challenges requiring a deep understanding of the fraud domain as well as a well-rounded technical skill-set
- You will identify, acquire and implement new data sources to feed the core engine
Skills & Requirements:
- You are an excellent communicator that can translate business needs to code and vice versa. You can clearly articulate statistical modeling and machine-learning techniques to non-experts.
- You have at least a Master's degree in statistics, physics, computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or a related field
- You have ~4 years of professional work experience, where you were required to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches. Past experience in Cyber-Security, FinTech or eCommerce is a big plus.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Work experience with python (data libraries) and you have mastered at least one data analysis tool: R, Matlab, or SAS
- Very good familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with distributed computing tools is a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Business fluent in English
What we offer:
- A dynamic, highly motivated and international team with flat hierarchies
- Hands-on experience in building a product that’s revolutionizing ecommerce
- Your own projects in the world of real time data and AI
- Competitive salary
- Regular team events and a nice office in Berlin
We are looking forward to receiving your application!