The world of esports is experiencing explosive growth and with that growth comes a wealth of opportunities. In a billion-dollar industry, where data is king, we at Bayes Esports Solutions have claimed our place as the newest market leader. Join us in the heart of Berlin, where startup culture meets metropolitan living, and work with top talent from all over the world.
With our cutting-edge technology-driven products, we solve real issues that esport organizers, teams and media companies are facing every day. Partnerships with some of the biggest names in the esports and betting industries put Bayes in a unique position that allows the team to make a real impact in this vibrant and exciting space.
**About your future team: **
The Betting Team at Bayes is hard at work on something big and we need all of the passion and brainpower we can get. Whether you’re the type that’s got your ear to the ground of the Esports scene, a seasoned sports bettor or simply industry-curious— as long as you’ve got drive and a desire to grow alongside us— there’s a place for you in the group. We’re a tight-knit, enthusiastic and inquisitive bunch working together to build comprehensive betting solutions for a variety of clients. What’ll the next big thing in Esports betting be? Us and whatever we do.
As the name suggests, we see ourselves primarily as a data-driven company and data scientists have a lot of impact in our day to day business. Our data science team constantly faces new interesting real-world problems and is encouraged to try out new methods and algorithms in order to find the best solution. We are currently looking for an experienced data scientist to join the team.
- Data acquisition and preprocessing from various sources (API’s, home-brewn parsers, web-scraping)
- Data analysis as preparation for modeling
- Building predictive models using Jupyter notebooks
- Deploying those models ready for production in python
- You love clean data and will put in the time cleaning it
- You ask “What kind of questions can I ask?” instead of just looking for answers
- You have experience with established statistics and machine learning models (we mainly use sklearn and tensorflow)
- You have either a strong scientific background or very good python skills (or ideally both)
- You are a stickler details and data quality
- You can use github
- You are not afraid of learning new things by yourself
- You take ownership of your projects
- You are good at explaining your results to others
- Strong knowledge of gaming and/or esports
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with backend or frontend development
- Knowledge of betting and the betting industry
**We offer you:**
- Flexible working hours
- 10% of your work time to spend on esports and/or gambling topics of your choice (alone or as a team)
- Internal training sessions in your field of profession and beyond
- Weekly educational gaming sessions with the Betting Team
- Two gaming rooms stocked with 6 PCs each to play and crush enemies with your colleagues
- Bayes bar with free snacks and after work beers
- Free massage sessions
- Free coffee, water & soft drinks to stay focused and hydrated
- Lots of game enthusiasts with whom you can talk and share game experiences
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Participation in our Virtual Share Program
We are open to remote for qualified candidates!
We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, and references including code samples/projects) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date. Please send an email containing this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org