We are in need of a product-focused data scientist who is confident across our technology stack of python and cloud data science technologies (GCP, AWS).
This opportunity is for a mobility analytics platform, powered by AI. This product has validation, enormous market potential and has raised financing from top venture funds.
Gyana is a Saas tool for insights on consumer behaviour. Our technology empowers anybody to understand detailed market behaviour, with interactive answers to questions like "What percentage of passing commuter visits does this store get?" - "What kind of restaurant would best complement this shopping park?" - "What are the market shares of restaurant chains in Edinburgh?". Our customers use Gyana to make data-driven decisions in retail, consulting, leisure, real estate, finance and city planning.
The core technology is the "interactions graph". It's like the social graph, but for the physical world - quantifying the interactions of millions of people with stores, buildings, parks, retail areas and more. It's built with a proprietary set of machine learning algorithm designed to extract metrics on human behaviour, and the raw material is from a network of partners (over 65) with anonymised geographic, IOT, telecom and mobility data.
You will be working on an existing market-validated product, with a prioritised backlog of user stories groomed and ready for you to hit the ground running from your day one.
To begin with, your day-to-day will be working through this backlog. However, you’ll be growing into a leadership role from day one, working in close quarters alongside the CTO, product designer and software development team to build an intuitive and useful user experience for discovering insights.
You’ll be integral to our ability to meet the requirements of product scale up, and your technical and product contributions will profoundly influence the direction the product takes in the long-term. Passion for what Gyana is aiming to achieve will go a long way.
You look like someone who definitely:
• Has experience with python and associated data science tools
• Has at least 2-3 years commercial data science experience (or equivalent research)
• Has an understanding and first-hand experience across the tools and techniques of data science, including machine learning
• Is able to work constructively alongside a Product Owner
• Has a desire to work in an early-stage startup, with everything this implies
• Enjoys small teams and big ambitions
• Enjoys the pressure of responsibility and the responsibility of autonomy
• Is passionate about product (maybe even entrepreneurial?)
And maybe even has (for bonus points!):
• Experience with web development (Django)
• Early-stage startup experience
• A CS-related degree
• Experience working with and deploying to AWS and Google Cloud