DATA SCIENTIST, LONDON
MUBI is a global streaming platform, studio and distributor reaching a community of 13 million film lovers around the world. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films and now streams in over 190 countries. Based primarily in London, the MUBI team now numbers +200 talented individuals working across the world in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Leveraging data & machine learning is critical to MUBI’s next phase of growth. From running product A/B tests to developing content recommendation algorithms, MUBI offers Data Scientists enormous breadth, depth and opportunity to make a mark on the business. We're a passionate newly formed Data & ML team with ambitions to tackle some of the most exciting problems in the streaming space.
As a Data Scientist at MUBI, you’ll work to execute on our product analytics and machine learning initiatives, reporting directly into the Head Of Data Science. Data Scientists at MUBI work with all areas of the business to drive the company forward with data and ML. In particular; Product, to improve discovery and engagement on our global streaming platform; Content to find and program the next MUBI hit and Marketing, to grow and retain subscribers. As we’re in an early stage, we’re seeking individuals who are passionate about both product analytics and developing production ML systems with room to specialise in the long term if desired as our team grows.
- Devise and develop new machine learning models supporting our personalisation initiatives across the organisation.
- Develop insights for Product, Content & Marketing teams to grow, engage and retain subscribers
- Work with the business to define and analyse A/B tests for all new features and models
- Own aspects of our BI platform to operationalise insights and make us more productive
- Help to define and evolve our team's roadmap as business needs evolve.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as a data scientist in industry. Ideally with experience writing production level code
- Strong SQL and Python
- Interested in both product analytics and production ML systems.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Experience training and deploying models on a cloud based ML platform is desirable
- Able to leverage modern AI/ML frameworks is highly desirable (e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch)
WHY YOU’D LIKE WORKING HERE: A Growing Team With Big Ambitions
MUBI works in the same world as Netflix and Amazon, but is a fast moving scale up at an earlier stage in the journey. We are therefore free to explore new approaches and ideas to provide the most engaging and useful experience to our members. You’ll be joining a fast growing team with the opportunity to make a real impact on the direction of data & ML at MUBI as a whole. If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Please email a CV and a short covering note to [email protected]
Unsolicited recruiter emails will be ignored.