Acquired by Lumen Technologies in 2019, Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver content online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world. Our content delivery technologies allow online content providers to improve performance for viewers by providing a real-time view of the conditions of each user device and thereby adapting video delivery to every viewer.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was acquired by the technology leader Lumen, which has placed our products at the center of an innovative portfolio of media delivery solutions alongside a global CDN and IP backbone.
Today, with Lumen’s global teams of nearly 45,000 employees, we are a division of 40 passionate engineers, business, and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York, and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1, and France TV, we power billions of video sessions every year.
As a Data Analyst, you will help us understand the huge amounts of data we have from video viewers all over the world using our BI tools. You will transform our data into comprehensive representations to provide our team with insights into our product and actionable feedback on how to increase its performance. You will take part in discussions about improving our algorithms and which metrics should be used to measure improvements. You will give visibility to the team by providing reports about each new improvement pushed to production and may even have the opportunity to implement these improvements into our core code!
As a member of our Data Team, you work closely with Data Engineers to develop, maintain and operate a robust and scalable Data pipeline solution on Public and Private Cloud.
- Turn the data we extract from the millions daily sessions using Streamroot technology into useful business insights
- Complete our datasets with new metrics, new dimensions and build tools to analyse those datasets.
- Understand the inner workings of our core P2P product, and devise new ways of measuring and improving the performance of our algorithms.
- Design data reports to provide actionable feedback on our product.
- Automate recurring analysis procedures and reporting to improve the data science team’s productivity and efficiency
- Maintain and develop the (internal and external) APIs used to access our data
- Maintain and develop the tools to collect, transform and store our data
- Answer business questions with in-depth data investigations
- Improve our production data science models (anomaly detection, peer matching...)
- Hands on. Fast learner. Passionate. Independent. Persistent. Seeking constant self-improvement.
- Great attention to detail and ability to summarize data in a concise and analytical way.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Golang, Java ...)
- Strong foundations in mathematics and statistics. Experience in data-mining is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- A true international startup, with more than 10 different nationalities in our Paris office
- Office in the heart of Paris, 2ème arrondissement.
- An unparalleled learning experience we’ll give you the tools, train you, and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground-level opportunity in a growth environment
- Starting ASAP in Paris, FR.