At TopCompare.be, we help people make the smartest financial decisions in order to manage their personal finances in an easy and quick way. We give the power back to the consumer by comparing financial products and increasing financial education, market transparency and countrywide mobile access to financial products.
We are growing rapidly since our launch in 2015 and are already the nr. 1 banking comparison platform. Every year, we help over 1.5 million Belgians save time and money.
TopCompare.be is part of CompareEuropeGroup, Europe’s leading financial comparison platform headquartered in London. As part of this group, we are backed by EUR 20 million funding from Nova Founders Capital, Ace&Company and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs such as Peter Thiel and Mark Pincus and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 150 partners in Europe, state-of-the-art technology and marketing platforms as well as strong management teams.
We are looking for a Data scientist graduate or undergraduate in machine learning, stats, and related fields with both a technical background and business acumen, who is comfortable with scripting and building DWH to accelerate product innovation and development. The intern will work closely with our Managing Director, gaining valuable experience and exposure in one of the fastest growing fintechs in Belgium.
- Develop and execute the deployment of TopCompare’s DataWareHouse, connecting all the databases and business requirements within one thought framework
- Understand how to collect, transform and reorganize data using scripts
- Use web analytics and Big Data to understand customer behaviors and generate insights
- Apply, improve, and invent machine learning techniques to solve business issues or improve current processes
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Have fun & be part of a great working atmosphere in a team of smart, entrepreneurial and highly motivated people
- Be part of a flat hierarchy and start-up culture which means a lot of responsibility from day one
- Get constant support from and exposure to the management team, reporting directly to the Managing Directors
Requirements and skill set
- Master(deep knowledge!) database management languages : SQl, mySQL, R, python
- Ability to work on a DataWareHouse development and implementation from A to Z, connecting the different data sources and stakeholders
- Experience with DataWareHouse deployment and management is required
- Machine learning algorithm knowledge & implementation
- Analytical and investigation skills, with business acumen
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and to approach tasks with a problem-solving mindset
- Be finalising a degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, IT Engineering, Polytechnic or any other similar degree
- Knowledge of the financial services sector is a plus
- Fluent in either English, French or Dutch