TalentSeed is currently recruiting:
Data Engineer – Antwerp, Belgium (M/F)
Our client is a data science company turning IOT sensor data into rich insights about people’s behavior and real-time context.
As a Data Engineer, you will be integrated within a team with the aim to provide a platform that gives insight on sensor data. You’ll need to have attention to detail, have a DevOps mentality and knowing the Reactive Manifesto thoroughly.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Integration of human behavior models into a production platform;
- Developing software components and data processing pipelines;
- Do performance and scalability engineering.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BSc or MSC in Computer Science or a similar field with fluency in English (mandatory);
- Experience programming in Java and Python;
- 2 years minimum of work experience;
- Work experience with Docker containers, distributed computation frameworks (like Kafka) and SQL/NoSQL databases;
- Experience in statistical modeling and programming in Go;
- Proven experience scaling to terabyte-size datasets and managing pipelines to process them;
- Notions of functional programming.