What you can expect from us...
- You will use the (real-time) traffic data of our websites to create new digital products and optimise existing processes and services
- You will also be responsible for creating a data pipeline so that we can efficiently stream terabytes of raw data into AWS, transform it and deliver it via web API.
- You prepare our data: whether it's nested JSON or parquet files - you have a solution ready for everything
- You work together with our data scientists on the predictive models that will change our business.
What we would expect from you...
- You already have experience in data engineering, such as building data pipelines, data cleaning and transformation.
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems (Spark, EMR, Hadoop)
- You are proficient in several programming languages (e.g. Scala, Python, SQL, R, Java)
- Ideally, you have already gained experience with Amazon Cloud
- Team spirit, optimism and openness - we are looking for a new colleague (m/f/d) who thinks innovatively and entrepreneurially, takes responsibility and never loses sight of our users in the process
What we can offer you...
- A wide range of responsibilities in a technology-driven environment in which your ideas really matter! More than 32 million people use and appreciate our articles and software
- A company with flat hierarchies and a cross-functional team structure - as a result, much of the decision-making power lies within the teams themselves
- A competent and motivated team, exciting tasks and freedom to design independently and give impulses
- We respond individually to your life situation. This includes flexible working time models, sabbaticals and support with childcare.
- Our trust-based workplace offer includes the option of working from home or using our individual flexdesk solution in the company office
- A comprehensive training program that covers both professional and personal aspects (e.g. English and German courses)
- After pandemic: We offer regular learning lunches, our annual internal Tech Forward conference and trainings programs throughout the year – enabling you to grow professionally and personally. Would you personally benefit from participating in an exciting specialist conference? We will try to make it happen
- You have a new business idea and would like to found a start-up within the company? Convince us and we will support you structurally and financially
- Smart Working - we believe in flexibility when it comes to choosing where you deliver top-notch work
- You will receive a smartphone and a laptop for professional and also private use at the start. Apple or Windows? Your choice!
- We Care! We provide lunch vouchers, fruits, water and coffee in all our offices
- A sunny office located in the center of Bari with a large terrace
Would you like to get a first impression of BurdaForward in advance? Then you should watch our videos on YouTube.
We respect diversity and we, therefore, welcome all applications - independently of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion and ideology, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.