cozycozy.com is the future of accommodation metasearch engine empowering travelers to compare all the possible accommodations around the world: hotels, airbnbs and other vacation rentals, camping, boats etc. and even some out of the ordinary forms of traveling such as home exchange or pet-sitting.
We believe that every traveler has the right to book the best accommodation without commercial manipulation therefore we are committed to being on the user's side with a product that is beyond expectation.
cozycozy.com has offices in both Paris and Budapest, a senior team of 13 who also built liligo.com, and a recently closed series A round to finance this mission.
In order to accelerate our development, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Budapest team.
- Data Management:
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and GCP / AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Data quality: ensure that data are consistent and identify opportunities to improve data collection process
- Work with other engineers to enhance data models and improve data query efficiency
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Permanently improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Data exploitation:
- Create data tools for management & product teams that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts
- Transform or map data from one raw data form into another format with the intent of making it more appropriate and valuable for analytics
- Business Intelligence:
- Build out technology stack for Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
- Build or recommend data visualization tools such as live dashboards and automated reports, to enable management team to drive the business
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied math, statistics or related field required
- 2+ years of related experience as a data engineer
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud big data system
- 4+ SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL / MySQL)
- 2+ NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning and data mining (Tensorflow or equivalent)
- The ability to express yourself in English both in writing and speaking
- Live search engine with millions of searches per month
- 12+ million accommodations data
- 300+ millions pictures
- Terabytes of static & dynamic data to explore and transform in valuable information to improve the product
- Huge live traffic to handle - scalability is key
- A chance to join an international team of 15 brilliant engineers who has succeeded in a very similar business: built the number one flight search engine in France
- A competitive salary
- A highly challenging and rewarding environment
- A chance to investigate the newest technological trends
- The ability to impact the business, you can make a difference!
- An easy to access, calm and cozy(cozy) office in the heart of the Budapest
- Location: Budapest - office in the heart of the city
- Starting date: asap