Duration: To be discussed
Salary: Competitive - depending on experience and profile
Candidates living Barcelona or EU and able to relocate rapidly would be preferable.
The data analyst associate will work closely with the other members of the unit and contribute to updating STALICLA’s proprietary knowledge bases towards the characterization of “targetable” molecular, genetic and clinical features in neurodevelopmental disorders. S/he will participate in the manual and automated curation of bibliographic data to characterize relevant gene-phenotype associations and contribute to upgrade and maintain our biomedical databases. Candidates with a fair background in molecular biology and human genetics are preferred.
The STALICLA DDS office at the World Trade Center is located at the by the sea, overlooking the port of Barcelona and it has easy access to the public transportation. Perks at the office include free coffee, tea and fresh fruits.
Desired skills & software
Basic knowledge on molecular biology and human genetics Good to have
- R (+Bioconductor) and/or Python
- Git, Makefile, Nextflow (or equivalent), Docker
- MySQL, Neo4j, MongoDB or equivalent
- Experience with text mining and NLP (preferably on clinical and biomedical text)
- Experience in the analysis of NGS data (preferably genomics, WGS, WES, and
- Prior experience in the field of Neurodevelopmental disorders or CNS genetics
In addition, the candidate is expected to have:
- A high comfort level working in a high paced start-up environment, where a pragmatic, resourceful, well organized and effective approach is required with limited resources
- A hands-on, decisive approach and a proven ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A passionate, energetic and enthusiastic personality that will ensure commitment to
the company and its vision
Knowledge or interest in NDD or related therapeutic areas is an asset.
STALICLA promotes diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. Female, minority and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit application to: