Rakuten empowers through technology.
Rakuten Mobile Germany is building a nationwide mobile network based on the industry-leading Rakuten Symphony platform developed from Singapore and successfully deployed in Japan.
Symphony is a fully virtualized, cloud-native telco platform at the cutting edge of technology: Rakuten partners with research organizations, start-ups, and SMEs through its Network Innovation Lab on the future of Open RAN and autonomous networks of the future.
We are in the process of deploying a nationwide mobile network in Germany.
We are looking for a Cyber Risk Manager with background and experience in Security Governance and Regulatory Compliance.
In this role you are responsible for establishing an innovation-friendly security governance framework and achieve compliance with German telecommunication security regulation.
- You ensure implementation and monitoring of compliance and risk requirements that are aligned with global strategies and processes
- You operate innovative tools to automate security assessments and reporting and engage with infrastructure and developer teams to improve the security lifecycle
- You guide technology teams in implementation solution recipes
- You calculate and report hackability scores
- You work with a world-class team of security experts on best practices in hacking risk and vulnerability management
- You work closely with technology teams inside Rakuten and our vendors
- You contribute to implementing the Information Security Framework, eg, operationalization of the Information Security Risk Management, process automation and tooling
- You are a subject matter expert and support your peers and provide training on security and compliance relevance topics
Your skills and background:
- Degree in IT or comparable technical education or professional experience
- Good understanding of hacking threats
- Expertise in security-relevant processes, including infrastructure hardening, patching, and DevSecOps
- Experience with vulnerability management and risk management tools
- Relevant work experience in cyber risk management
- Great communication skills in English across all org. levels
- Ability and eagerness to advise on complex technology questions
- Problem-solving skills in information security projects
- Ability to work fully independent and solve complex problems or situations based on multiple sources of information
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Telco industry is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud architectures also helps.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!