We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Do you enjoy helping customers go through an amazing experience, even in the toughest moments? Are you tired of companies that do not take care of their customers the way you’d like to do so? Are you ready to go the extra mile to help us scale by changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel? If your answer to all these questions is “YES!”, let's talk!
We are looking for a motivated, hands-on person who gets a deep satisfaction only when a Customer is happy and returns once and again.
As a Customer Support Intern, you will be able to have a direct impact on the growth of one of the hottest startups in Europe. You will showcase excellent communication skills in English as well as relationship, and problem-solving skills. You should also act proactively to address clients’ needs and facilitate the booking process end-to-end by providing ad-hoc support to anyone in the team, ensuring effective account management under any circumstances, maintaining our existing company-client relationships at a 7 Star satisfaction standard.
You will need to:
- Master Customer Service, having a vocationally customer-focused mindset.
- Keep high satisfaction standards and exceed customer expectations as much as possible.
- Resolve problems by applying established policies, procedures and tactics, and also by thinking out-of-the-box when anything established is not enough.
- Help achieve very low churn rate of existing accounts by addressing/solving problems.
- Adapt fast to continuous changes and contribute to making them happen in a smooth way: we are a growing start-up!
- Availability to subscribe an Internship Agreement with your School / University.
- Good communicator: proficient communication skills in English, and ideally in 1 or 2 other EU languages. Spanish is a plus but not a must.
- Smart, fast learner, and resourceful. Tech savvy.
- You become the trusted advisor of your accounts very quickly and have the ability to expand them proactively.
- Independent and autonomous. You don’t need hand holding to get things done. You deliver at your best out of trust as no one is there to control you.
- You are willing to go above and beyond to provide an amazing service that delights customers will be a plus.
- Extrovert, enjoy social interactions, especially by phone and e-mail, and can create long lasting connections very easily.
- Good prioritization and focus skills (80/20 principle) as well as Data vs Opinion driven.
- Strong character, perseverance, and grit: a winner who is able to adapt to constant changes with a positive mindset.
- Coachability: you are willing to develop yourself through listening to those around you and learning from them.
- You are used and open to get and give constructive feedback.
- A true owner, you feel comfortable working outside of your comfort zone if needed.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- Real career opportunity to join the company after the internship.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional.
-This position requires being based in Barcelona.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.