We're a startup with a proprietary technology (Acoustic Network) to transfer data over high-frequency audio signals. Until recently, we exclusively used our Acoustic Network to engage fans at sports venues in Switzerland and the US. Now, we consider redesigning event tickets: Can we eliminate the black market, long queues and expensive infrastructure to read QR / bar codes, NFC or RFID chips - all based on audio?
We are looking for a CTO for our young, dynamic team with offices in Zurich and New York. You will have the lead across all our technology related projects which range from major developments to maintenance of our existing product suite; from expanding the data transfer rate of our near ultrasonic sound protocol to incremental improvements in our existing fan engagement solutions. But, you will also be expected to contribute to strategy and business development work. It’s a lot, covering a broad range of technologies, but it’s also a lot of fun.
We’re realistic: The perfect candidate with detailed knowledge across technologies will not exist. Therefore, we are looking for an engineer who is experienced in signal processing and has in-depth knowledge in IoT applications (incl. complementary network technologies such as RFID, NFC, Bluetooth, and Weightless). Additionally, you should be both willing and capable of rapidly getting up to speed with audio signal processing and potentially learning additional programing languages after you joined our company. Our experts are looking forward to training you!
If you feel addressed by the above, are a self-driven, entrepreneurial team player who is keen on embarking on an adventure, we would love to chat.
Be assured our compensation package is competitive.
- MSc in any engineering discipline, PhD is a plus
- Tech knowledge:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in signal processing
- Deep understanding of IoT applications, incl. complementary (network) technologies such as RFID, NFC, Bluetooth, and Weightless
- Knowledge and experience in C/C++ is a plus
- Experience in audio engineering is the cherry on the cake
- Soft skills:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and open to a business adventure
- Fast learner who is willing to quickly get up to speed with new technologies and programing languages
- Team player, ideally with first experience in managing small project teams and/or freelancers
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus