About the Job
Who We Are
We are a Franco/American environmental startup with a unique business model, tackling climate change, and making the planet a healthier place to live. If this excites you - read on.
We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are developed according to spec and operating appropriately.
1. Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
2. Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
3. Help departments use technology profitably
4. Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
5. Build quality assurance and data protection processes
6. Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
7. Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
8. Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
9. Code when necessary
10. Client facing with other senior management on key account
Here’s what we offer you:
= An opportunity to be part of a dream-team that is fully devoted to creating actionable climate change
= Advancement to grow as a leader and take on a central role in building up a high-functioning tech team and a lively community;
= Freedom and responsibility to decide on future technological development for the organization;
= An open and international environment with occasional travel and a lot of freedom regarding working hours and location;
= Salary commensurate with your responsibilities;
= The opportunity to have equity in the company as a co-founder and build something great.
Our Ideal Candidate?
We imagine you have a BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.) You have a full-stack developer pedigree with previous leadership experience. You are well-versed in current technological trends including AI or/and SaaS or /and Blockchainpreferably with hands-on or familiarity with their use and business concepts. You enjoy and have had experience individually or part of a team adapting cutting-edge technologies and building the technical underpinnings of a successful business.
= Good and straightforward communicator that collaborates well with others, in particular, a gender-balanced environment;
= Takes initiatives;
= Positive and resilient;
= Problem solver: enjoys finding simple solutions and delivering high-quality work;
= Motivated by our mission to advance climate change worldwide
General Business Skills
= Ability to conduct technological analyses and research;
= Understanding of budgets and planning;
= Excellent communication skills;
= Leadership and organizational abilities;
= Strategic thinking;
= Knowledge of technological trends to help build our strategy
Interested parties should reach out to [email protected] - with their CV and a short explanation as to why you are a good fit - No headhunters, please.