Who are we?
HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 60 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market. We are expanding to other audiences as well (e.g. expats, digital nomads and young professionals).
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
What are we looking for?
An impeccable English Native Copywriter!
Do your friends tell you to stop correcting their spelling and grammar? Does writing compelling stories and pithy copy get you going? Do you love testing headlines and analyzing the results.
If this sounds like you then go ahead and apply...
Your main tasks will be:
- Write copy for SEO, blogs articles, emails, push notifications, UX, social media headlines, press releases, and print materials;
- Create compelling content for different departments and angles;
- Help plan, write and edit content for B2B and B2C;
- Proofread and edit copy for spelling, grammar and tone to be in line with our branding guide;
- Spot opportunities for UI/UX copy improvements;
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams.
Who you are?
- You have at least 2+ years of copywriting experience and you are confident about your ability to write for an international audience;
- You have a relevant educational background, minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Languages, Marketing and/ or Communications;
- You have a solid understanding of SEO;
- You already have experience writing copy for blogs, emails, push notifications, UX, FAQ’s, social media and print materials;
- You are able to interpret data to iterate copy;
- You have experience with CMS tools
- You consider yourself to be an excellent storyteller and communicator, also to be a self-starter with impeccable, attention to detail, ability to work confidently, take feedback on board and take responsibility for managing projects and their stakeholders;
- You feel comfortable with managing and publishing content.
> As a plus
- Experience in a marketplace or e-commerce organisation
- Not afraid to work in a fast-paced tech environment
- Experience with journalism
- Previous experience working with remote team members
- An additional language is valued but not a must
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and portfolio example of previous work.
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- We give our team members a high level of responsibility because for us all ideas matter.
- Our team consists of over 80+ people, with 25+ nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- Opportunities to attend training and workshops related to your field of work, sponsored tech talks and other networking events.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every end of the week!
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary will match your experience.
- Starting: ASAP / Jan 2019