By joining us as a Control Systems Lead Engineer you will lead and work with the team (local & remote resources) on turning the customer automation requirements into a running DeltaV plant. Your main responsibilities will include: SW Design & Implementation, Internal & External testing (FAT/SAT), loop check, startup and handover to customer.
Furthermore, reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with Project Managers, inform and support them in follow up of scope changes, change orders or claim management.
If you are a driven professional with strong problem-solving skills and can-do attitude, then we are inviting you to join our team in Kundl , Austria!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Report to the Project Manager in order to agree the course of action necessary to complete the assigned project in a timely and successful manner within the engineering budget.
- Lead the Project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager.
- Interface and coordinate all technical issues relating to the project with the project team, internal and external clients as required for the successful execution of the project.
- Be responsible for the assignment of required engineering activities to project team, monitors the project performance and progress.
- Ensure that proper engineering techniques are employed by the assigned Project teams, seeking consistency and innovations for continuous improvements.
- Be responsible for specialist technical knowledge on specific issues.
- Be responsible for the overall technical correctness of the software and the associated technical documentation.
- Be responsible for validation activities for DCS qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ) including test protocol development, execution and reporting.
- Be responsible for visiting client sites and performing design studies, acceptance tests, commissioning and training.
- Assist the sales organization in demonstrations, presentations and engineering estimates.
- Be responsible for screening and use of all relevant procedures related to Trade Compliance Policy.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’ Degree, preferred background Electrical or Process Automation Engineering.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in configuration of any DCS / PLC system (DeltaV preferred) including Software Design, implementation, internal and external testing, loop check and startup within Pharma industry.
- Experience with the development of automation lifecycle documents (URS, FRS, IQ, OQ, PQ, etc.).
- Experience with IT networks & operating systems & field bus (Server 2016 / Windows 7 / Profibus / Modbus / Foundation fieldbus / OPS & OSI PI) would be nice to have.
- Knowledge of Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and batch validation are highly preferred.
- Interpersonal skills: Leadership and Teamwork, flexibility and self-learning, professional attitude, technical orientation, committed to excellence.
- Fluency in German and English are mandatory;
- Willingness to travel within Austria and to other world areas (e.g. Germany and Switzerland), for training or business trips or for longer assignments to perform design studies and commissioning activities on customer sites when necessary. This requires a valid car driving license.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are self-motivated, goals-oriented, customer focused individual, passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Control Systems Lead Engineer , you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.