We are looking for content writers. People who are happy, self-motivated and believe that they can accomplish amazing things in life.
Startup Voyager is a 100% remote top-notch content and SEO agency working with exciting startups in the US and Europe.
Our work has appeared in top publications like Inc, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, Huffpost, Lifehacker (US Editions).
We are a 17-member 100% remote team distributed across 5 countries.
We plan to scale up to 25 people by end-2020 and 50-100 by end-2021.
Our clients love us because we have the ability to frequently outrank top sites on Google, include giants like Amazon, Forbes, Capterra, Microsoft, CNN, etc.
Here's the good news!
Several of our clients are companies that offer software for remote working. This gives us a positive growth outlook even in this uncertain economy. Yay!
Check out this video to learn about our growth plan, and how you could transform your career trajectory by working with us.
If you join us, you will be trained in the same methodologies that enable us to consistently outrank top sites on Google. Most importantly, we achieve all this without technical SEO, backlinks or any other form of content promotion.
Check out our site here:
US$10,000 - $20,000 a year (full time) depending on your writing ability, experience and location.
(By the way, please read the entire JD before applying!)
We are looking for:
Excellent writers, with a background in content writing. (No experience in SEO required)
Open positions are for:
1. Full-time employees or
2. Part-time employees who can dedicate a minimum of 40 hours a month
(So please don't apply if you are just looking for a freelancing gig alongside your full-time job.)
Scope of Work:
Ghostwriting long-form articles for our clients’ blogs. Most articles will be above 2500 words.
You will also need to do SEO research and other content marketing activities. But no prior SEO experience is required (we will train you.)
- 1 - 6 years in a content marketing role (approximately)
- You should have written at least 20 blog posts in your entire career
- Writing for social media, website and landing page copy, etc. does NOT count.
- You get brownie points if you have experience in writing long-form articles.
1. Native-level (C2) fluency in written English
2. Excellent content writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
3. Strong research skills
4. Ability to learn new topics quickly
5. Impeccable spelling and grammar
6. Basic expertise in Google Docs or Microsoft Word
Additional Skills that will give your application an edge:
Experience in SEO and other areas of marketing
Required Soft Skills
Keep in mind that the standards here are the highest in the world. Therefore, even highly experienced writers find it rather challenging. That's why you should have the following soft skills:
1. A very strong desire to learn about SEO and content marketing.
2. Ability to adapt and learn new topics quickly
3. A strong interest in building a career in content marketing
4. A strong desire to win
Finally, we want folks who are happy and truly believe that they can accomplish amazing things! Yes, this matters!
Ability to Work Remotely
1. Ability to work independently
2. Ability to take initiative and take end-end responsibility for deliverables
3. Ability to understand written instructions and feedback quickly
4. Ability to communicate clearly over Slack and video calls
Several of our team members are based in India. You should be able to dedicate at least 3 hours a day anytime between 7am to 8pm India Time (GMT+5.30) for Skype calls and discussions over Slack.
Career Benefits of the Role:
1. Salary increments every 6 months (based on performance)
2. Fast-track to a managerial role if you perform well.
3. The opportunity to work closely with top marketing teams from the US and Europe.
4. Learn SEO and growth strategies being applied by the best content and SEO experts in the world.
5. Work with a highly motivated team with a powerful desire to win every single time.
6. Work in a team where your opinion and inputs matter - no matter how junior you are. We don't believe in hierarchies.
7. Ditch the daily commute and get the flexibility of a remote job.
Candidates shortlisted after an interview would have to write a 2000-word article writing assignment. (All candidates get the same topic.)
This is not a paid assignment and candidates retain IP rights to their assignment article whether they are hired or not. We will give you a deadline of around 7 days, so you will have plenty of time.
Please do NOT apply if:
- You have trouble accepting any negative feedback about your work. (Even if you are already a Forbes columnist, you will still get plenty of negative feedback here)
- You don't have native-level fluency in written English
You don't have any experience in writing articles
- You are not serious about building a career in marketing.
- You just want a freelancing gig. We are only offering jobs - full time or part-time positions.
- You want to work part-time for us without quitting your full-time job.
- Your current salary is more than the stipulated maximum amount in the JD (Unless you are willing to take a pay cut)
- You have strong biases against any particular group of people. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, sexual orientation, etc.
To learn more about us, check out startupvoyager.com