Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? You've come to the right place.
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our SaaS platform, used by already over 100 European cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall's decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
Content Manager at CitizenLab
If you are thrilled about digital democracy and have a strong interest (content) marketing, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Content Manager, who will be responsible of producing high-quality content across all our channels to grow our visibility, generate leads, and help lead our customers to success.
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate with the different teams to produce high-quality content: from product content to articulate benefits of our platform, to industry-expert content to make our customers more successful.
- Manage the content calendar and taking ownership of content from idea to execution.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and paid channels.
- Measure and report on the performance of content marketing campaigns.
You should be able to lead content marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Your hands-on attitude and strong interest in democracy, participation and/or politics will help you craft the most valuable content strategies.
- You have outstanding creative writing skills in English and Dutch.
- You have demonstrable experience in content management, and know how to develop content for a variety of channels (social media, email, articles, video).
- You are good at identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- You have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development.
- You have a good eye for design and the ability to quickly generate compelling visual content.
- You have excellent organisation and project management skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple tasks.
- You have a strong sense of fun, experimentation and proactivity — we are constantly trying new tactics, taking risks, and pushing ourselves to challenge assumptions.
- You have experience working in the public sector, or have a strong interest in becoming an industry expert on the topic of digital democracy.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have an impact at scale. We're daily working with +100 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to scaleup.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment—right in the heart of Brussels.
- Be part of our dynamic European team. We organise many team activities and go for lots of spontaneous after-works... which inevitably turn into political discussions after two beers—that's an interest we all share. 🙂
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, your own laptop, flexibility on working from home, and more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.