Databox, a fast-growing software company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance, is hiring a Content Editorial Manager to help us grow traffic, signups and usage of our product and our robust integrations with 70+ popular SaaS apps.
Databox is on a mission to make performance data more accessible for everyone. In support of that mission, we’ve been publishing educational content that helps businesses improve the way they track and improve performance. This includes crowd-sourced roundup posts, our own thought leadership articles, product promotions, and use cases, case studies, and more.
With 70+ integrations with popular tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, HubSpot, Youtube, Google Sheets, Zapier, etc, etc, this is an opportunity for a creative marketer to put themselves at the center of the software world as we scale our content production up with contributions from some of the most well-known marketers in the world.
About the Role
The Content Editorial Manager is part of the marketing team and handles editing all content written for the Databox Blog, the publication and planning of upcoming content, and works in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and our partners to map out the editorial calendar in advance. The Content Editorial Manager will also work with a growing team of freelance writers, partners and internal experts to collaborate on new topic ideas, article assignments, editing, optimizing, publishing and promoting.
What you’ll be working on
- Work with the Marketing Director to further establish our editorial direction––including the keywords we should target, the topics we should cover, the content formats we should produce, etc.
- Proofread all content before being published to the Databox Blog.
- Manage all content from draft right up until publication, including writing headlines for blog posts, meta descriptions for SEO, choosing the featured image, etc.
- Draft promotional copy for all new content for social media channels.
- Work with a small team of freelance writers to assign new topics and brainstorm new topics that align with our editorial direction.
- Measure the impact of the Databox Blog by including its influence on acquisition and conversions.
- Editorial: You’re an exceptional editor and proofreader. You enjoy taking written work from draft form to publication. You love reading, too. In short, you’re probably the person everyone goes to for your opinion before they publish.
- Content marketing: You’re a strong writer. Blog posts, emails, social media promotions––whatever it is you’re skilled in coming up with the right words to promote a message.
- Analytical: You enjoy tying the work that you do to results. From an editorial standpoint, this would mean measuring the overall impact of the Databox Blog and website content. How are Sessions trending? Which pages drive the most Sessions? How does each blog or video influence conversions? You’ll enjoy diving in to use the Databox software (and our data) to answer these questions.
- Software knowledge: You have experience with tools like WordPress (for publishing), SEMRush for SEO, Google Analytics (for analyzing content performance), Project management (we use Asana) and other technologies necessary for editing and publishing content.
Additional skills needed:
- Excellent English-language speaking and writing
- Exceptional proofreading, editing, and writing skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and maintain consistent communication across team and departments
- Great project management, organizational and planning skills.
- SEO and social media skills
**Please submit at least one writing sample from a content piece you've written that you're particularly proud of in the 'Website, Blog, or Portfolio' field below.
If you’re passionate about the role, please apply. We are open to candidates from anywhere.
We offer competitive compensation, flexible location and schedule and travel opportunities with access to co-working spaces in Ptuj, Slovenia and Novi Sad, Serbia.