Coders Connect are partnering with an exciting Startup on mission is to transform a Recycling industry that is completely broken today. Nations across the world continue to fail to meet their recycling targets; of all plastics ever produced, only 9% has been recycled. The rest ends up polluting our environment and accelerating the climate crisis that threatens our existence. Ultimately we are driven by our desire to eliminate all greenhouse gas emissions associated with the unnecessary production of new virgin materials (approx 8% of our overall greenhouse gas emissions)
We’ve recently closed one of Europe’s largest ever ClimateTech seed rounds from some of the most renowned investors in this space and are rapidly expanding the team. The initial team has deep unicorn start-up and scaling experience. It already includes one of Revolut's earliest employees, Onfido co-founder and engineering talent from the likes of Ocado, Skyscanner, Amazon etc.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for designing, building and deploying computer vision systems to solve some of the most pressing challenges faced by the largest players in the Recycling industry.
- You will take ownership for all of the Computer Vision (Machine Learning) components
- You will be focused on deploying high quality products quickly and optimising over time.
- You are a self starter and thrive in ambiguous environments
- Comp Sci (or similar) background
- Experience of applying ML to solve computer vision problems (as opposed to classic CV only)
- Has deployed real vision systems into production at scale as opposed to research only
- Basic Python ability
- PyTorch or TensorFlow experience
- Generous equity with life-changing upside
- 29 days annual leave (+ national holidays)
- Flexible working (between lab/office and remote working)
- The best hardware and software for you to do your job effectively
- £500 for optimising your home office set up
- Regular team socials and meals
- Access to Cycle to Work government scheme and EV salary sacrifice scheme (if UK resident)
Computer Vision / Machine Learning Engineer x2 - Remote/London - £90k
Satis.AI is an early-stage food tech company that uses deep learning-based computer vision, causal inference, and cognitive AI to change how we feed the people around the world. We are starting by providing software services to existing restaurant chains which use the live camera feed to provide augmentation for staff tasks with the aim to help decision making, reduce error and cognitive load needed. This position us as the full stack AI operating system for autonomous kitchens. We are surfing on the opportunity created by the food delivery disruption to bring real technological innovation into kitchens and enhance both people's experiences as well as staff and environmental impact.
Our mission is to feed the world through our global food system which is more productive, resilient, more affordable, more sustainable, and healthier. A food system that provides accessible nutrition for everyone while preserving our planet. Satis.AI team includes people with extensive experience in the creation and deployment of scalable deep tech solutions as well as industry experts who share a passion for food, happiness and our world. That is where you come in.
- Frame the clients’ challenges for the team to evaluate, suggest possible solutions and then help them deliver it in meaningful measurable smaller chunks.
- Defined procedure to Implement, test, and maintain machine learning methods through best practices and observability tools.
- Discuss and guide the team on train, analyse and report model performance.
- Define and evaluate tools for further automating research and analysis.
- Pushing the boundaries of current methods, by following and building upon the latest research in the context of object detection, classification and semantic segmentation, and proposing new methods.
Working with us:
- Mission-driven - We are dedicated to bringing nutritious, environmentally friendly and most important of all, enjoyable food for all people around the world.
- Ambitious - We strive to be the best at what we do.
- Proactive and positive - We are pragmatic and self-driven. We iterate quickly, typically in 1-month cycles.
- Adaptable - We embrace change and uncertainty and work together to adapt to new situations.
- Flexible working - We have flexible working arrangements and encourage efficient work - not more work.
- Low ego culture - We are open to feedback and treat everyone with respect. We assume the best intent from others.
- Inclusive - We are open-minded and don’t just accept diversity - we celebrate it and support it.
- A high degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new every day
- 3+ years (required) 5+ years (desired) experience of applying machine learning and deep learning methods in the industry.
- Experience in developing practical deep learning applications using detection architectures (Faster-RCNN, SSD, YOLO, EfficientDet)
- Solid theoretical understanding of machine learning and neural networks
- Experience with machine learning methods, such as active learning, clustering, semi-supervised learning, zero- and few-shot learning
- Solid hands-on software development skills in Python (numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, OpenCV) and familiarity with C++
- Ability to write clean, efficient and scalable code
- Experience with one or more Deep Learning Framework (Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Analytical mindset, strong abstract thinking skills