We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are a small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
We are looking for an experienced computer vision expert to take on a leading role and help develop the core technology of our business – giving a face for A.I. Reporting to Chief Technical Officer (CTO), your primary tasks will be:
- Establishing standards for our core technology, i.e. facial recognition, facial animation, and text-to-emotion transitions
- Evaluating best technologies and picking right tools for the tasks at hand
- Debating, discussing and deciding on the overall architecture
- Enhance and develop new features (such as lip synch, user reaction feedback loops)
- Writing beautiful, elegant, easy to maintain, and understandable code
- Documenting and describing your decisions in diagrams and comments
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness of relevant assets (e.g. avatars, accessories)
- Maintaining the end-to-end software delivery cycle
You are expected to provide input and interact with the frontend, backend, DevOps, security and business stakeholders.
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For you, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CTO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CTO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
Following the Must/Should/Could language convention, you need to tick the following boxes:
- MUST have excellent 3D modelling skills and experience in computer vision / facial recognition and underlying mathematical concepts (machine learning / neural networks)
- MUST be familiar with 3rd party vendors providing necessary and state-of-the-art libraries and SDKs
- MUST write reusable, testable, and efficient code (preferably some C derivate)
- MUST be familiar with appropriate development environments (Unity, Unreal, Blender, etc.)
- SHOULD have a sense for design and UI/UX
- SHOULD have a good understanding of code testing and versioning tools
- SHOULD have a get-stuff-done mentality in a move fast and break things environment
- SHOULD have experience in game and app development
- COULD be looking to set the bar and lead on standards of code quality
- COULD express yourself well in writing creating documentation, diagrams, and well-documented code
- COULD consider, understand, and implement security and data protections
- Competitive salary
- Possibility of stock options (ESOP)
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership