HOLIDU Published: July 13, 2021
Holidu is one of the fastest-growing travel tech companies worldwide. With more than $100M in funding to date and an international team of travel and technology enthusiasts, our mission is to finally make the search and booking of vacation rentals easy. With our search engine for vacation rentals Holidu we help travelers book the ideal accommodation for the lowest price, and through our software-and-service solution Bookiply we also support vacation rental owners in multiplying their bookings with less work. Do you want to have an impact on millions of travelers worldwide? Then pack your bag, hop on board and get ready for takeoff!
Your future crew
Your reach will be the entire Holidu Group with currently 250+ employees, but your home will be with the Finance department, which consists of 20 colleagues. We are passionate about working hard towards our goals, but we also know how to have fun and enjoy time together outside of the office with our regular team events. A key sparring partner for you will be Alex, the Group CFO. In this environment, you will have the unique opportunity to manage and improve compliance at Holidu and help ensure continued success and stability of our fast-growing start-up. Our aspirations are big, the entrepreneurial freedom we provide you for building up this topic at Holidu will be extraordinary – and the journey will be nothing but exciting!
Your role in this journey
- You will be responsible for all compliance matters of Holidu Group (incl. international topics), working closely with the CFO but reporting directly to the CEO and Co-founder
- You ensure Holidu functions in a legal and ethical manner, respecting regulatory requirements, while meeting our business goals
- You review and optimize all our internal policies to mitigate the risk of the company breaking laws and regulations
- You personally drive implementation of policies and behavioral changes in co-ownership with the business leaders
- You organize regular training sessions for employees to communicate key regulatory changes and updates
- You act as first responder in case of detected breaches and ensure appropriate contingency plans are in place
Your backpack is filled with
- University degree in (business) law, business administration or similar
- 5+ years of relevant experience in compliance, audit, or related fields
- Strong understanding of compliance regulations in Germany and ideally also other European jurisdictions
- Effective stakeholder management skills and ability to quickly learn and understand new systems and processes
- Pragmatic, hands-on approach with clear bias for action and personal ownership
- Ability to apply rules to real-life situations and processes in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills, in English and German
- Proven ability to face potential conflict situations in a professional, empathetic yet winning manner
- Highly independent, stand-alone workstyle
- Highest ethical standards
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself further through regular feedback, workshops and knowledge exchange.
- Use your personal development budget and 2 extra days off to enhance your professional skills by visiting conferences, buying books, attending courses and more.
- Connect and have fun with international, diverse and yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Get in shape with a premium gym membership for a discounted rate.
- Go travelling for 28 vacation days + 13 public holidays in Bavaria with interesting discounts on our Bookiply properties.