Jamestown is a design-focused, vertically integrated real estate investment and management company with a 35+ year track record and $13.
2 billion assets under management (AUM) as of September 30, 2022. Jamestown's mission is to transform spaces into innovation hubs and community centers.
Jamestown Europe aims to acquire, revitalize, and operate large scale, historic industrial properties, bringing a unique brand of adaptive reuse development to the continent.
Our European business is headquartered in Cologne, Germany and has offices in Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Lisbon and Milan.
As of September 30, 2022, Jamestown Europe has approx. EUR 1.1 billion of AUM. Click here for more information. Compliance and Privacy Manager
- For our growing European business we are looking for a Compliance and Privacy Manager to manage and coordinate all relevant compliance matters related to the European business, being part of an international Compliance team based in Cologne and Atlanta.
- Data Privacy Conduct privacy impact assessments on vendors and projects that involve personal data
- Draft and maintain documentation in accordance with GDPR requirements, including privacy notices, record of processing activities, data processing agreements and technical and organizational measures
- Review property websites and social media channels for privacy considerations
- Data breach response team responsibilities and data subject request fulfillment
- Provide guidance to management and employees on topics related to data protection
- Provide documentation, reports, and summaries to support annual review of program Compliance
- Conduct AML screenings and report issues or concerns to the CCO
- Policy maintenance and updates; making policies available to employees
- Conduct onboarding and annual training and awareness campaigns
- Maintain records of conflicts of interest, outside business activities, and gifts / benefits disclosures and ensure compliance with laws and policies
- Oversee vendor management, including vendor due diligence and contract review
- Maintain and update record retention policy and schedules and audit / monitor record retention practices
- Provide documentation, reports and summaries to support annual review of program
Working conditions :
- Jamestown Europe has a diverse and fast-paced workforce, growing within two years to 45 employees, with a start-up culture and spirit
- We offer flexible working hours as well as remote work.
- Feeling comfortable working remotely and with international teams is important
- Flat hierarchies, high level of personal responsibility
- Jamestown Europe supports employee career growth and encourages continued education and development of new skills by facilitating cross-department collaboration
Your profile :
- Education : Successfully completed studies, preferably law degree or in the field of accounting, business or economics
- Work Experience : Two or more years of professional experience in the areas of compliance, data protection, internal controls, auditing, controlling, risk management, business law or in a comparable environment.
- Experience with GDPR and data privacy legislation, understanding of applicable rules and regulations such as AML and financial supervisory in the EU, and regulatory testing and reporting
- Language Proficiency : Exceptional written and verbal communication in English and German.
- Further a plus, fluent in at least one additional European language (Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch or Italian)
- Analytical, structured, and conceptual way of thinking as well as fast comprehension skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across the organization's departments
- Ideally experience in project management and ad-hoc analyses
- The ability to work in an international team, to act responsibly as well as a confident appearance round off your qualification profile
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter online https://jamestowneurope.jobs.personio.de / Apply Now!
Jamestown Europe GmbH or Marienburgerstr. 17 o 50968 Köln / Cologne o [email protected]