Who are we?
We are GenderGP, a Health and Wellbeing telehealth service that provides care to the trans and non-binary community, and those who support them.
We are casting aside barriers, rewriting the narrative, and changing the vision for transgender healthcare. We are on a mission to be the most streamlined and innovative telehealth company, e-learning resource, and patient care model for the trans and non-binary health sector in the world, and are already supporting more than 5000 clients in more than 40 countries and counting.
About the Job:
We are compassionate. We are inspired. We are committed. We are experts. We act with integrity.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our team within the Marketing and Communications Department as Communications & PR Officer, handling some of the most important aspects of our internal and external engagement.
- We are looking for a talented Communications & PR Officer with the ability to build strong relationships and networks with colleagues, clients and the media, identifying key stakeholders and influencers within our segment.
- You should also be able to monitor and measure coverage and sentiment across mediums, and develop effective proactive and reactive strategies.
- The ideal candidate is adaptable, with a background in both PR and Comms, and has the ability to switch between internal and external communications tasks.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a strong knowledge of LGBTQIA+ issues, and a background in Crisis Comms and Medical/Telehealth PR.
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to contribute to the development of targeted, stakeholder facing content.
- Create effective internal and external communications strategies to engage stakeholders, influence media, and shape public perception of GenderGP
- Track media reporting, blogs, social media and online sentiment and report to senior colleagues.
- Manage media enquiries, arrange interviews and placed content, and develop the organisation’s network of media contacts.
- Build long-term relationships with influencers and key stakeholders within GenderGP’s segment
- Coordinate external and internal communications flow of key documents and workflows (briefings, internal memos, press releases, newsletters)
- Liaise with HR and Marketing-Communications teams to assemble a regular calendar of internal communications content.
- Drafting statements, press releases and other materials and distributing them to media and stakeholder lists.
- Plan occasional events, seminars and press conferences as required.
- Produce content across mediums as required.
- Liaise with Social Media and Community Managers to ensure that organisational goals are met.
- Own “brand captain” role, ensuring that other departments properly apply the organisation’s branding as required.
- Proven experience as a Communications and PR person, preferably within LGBTQIA+ and/or telehealth segments.
- A commitment to the community, and a demonstrable knowledge of the LGBTQIA+ community’s aspirations and wider challenges
- Excellent research and fact-checking skills
- Ability to deliver effective communications strategies, including Crisis Comms, at speed.
- Experience of managing both internal and external communications audiences is preferred, including employee engagement.
- A proven ability to develop effective media and stakeholder networks within and outside the UK and Ireland. GenderGP is an international company, and we work with media and stakeholders across many territories.
- You will know how to write effective press releases, statements, memos, lines and briefings.
- Excellent communication, analytical and multitasking skills
- BA degree in Communications, PR, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
- Experienced in the use of CMS’s and Social Media Management tools. We use WordPress, Storychief, Sprout Social, Salesforce and ActiveCampaign.
- Experienced in brand adherence and management
- Paid wellness days
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote (Opportunity to work anywhere in Europe; within GMT +1,+3 time zones)
- Potential for career advancement.
- Team working and support in a specialised care environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference; working at the vanguard of social change within trangender healthcare.
We are building a culturally diverse team and therefore encourage applications from diverse cultures & backgrounds, and underrepresented groups, to apply.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 12/06/2022
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Contract