Job title: Commissioning Preservation Engineer* M/F
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 6 months
SPIE SERVICES NIGERIA LIMITED is currently looking for a Commissioning Preservation Engineer to join her workforce here in Nigeria. The Commissioning Preservation Engineer main mission is to lead a team of contractors personnel in executing preservation activities:
- Establish a Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime that will provide assurance that the plant and equipment will remain in good condition and operable at all stages throughout the project.
- Ensure the Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime is consistently implemented from Supplier Works through Fabrication, Installation, Commissioning, and final handover to Operations.
- Implement and Maintain a Preservation Records System to demonstrate compliance to the preservation regime and assure the integrity of plant and equipment.
- Provide Technical input and approval for Contractor Preservation and pipe cleanliness Procedures during Construction phase, and manage the process during Commissioning phase.
- Engage with Management, Engineering, Operations and Commissioning to establish expectations and requirements.
- Provide coaching/mentor national and junior team members as necessary.
- Engage with the engineering team to ensure preservation requirements are clearly identified.
- Take ownership of and develop the preservation philosophy and strategy.
- Develop a suite of preservation checklists, routines and procedures consistent with the preservation philosophy and Strategy.
- Review available databases/systems for monitoring and control of preservation regime, recommend and implement an optimal system.
- Identify and procure any additional resources/skills required to implement strategy/administer the database etc.
- Review and ensure that preservation requirements are included on Requisitions/Supplier RFQ's etc.
- Review Supplier documentation and ensure that engineering has confirmed that preservation requirements are adequate.
- Ensure that all Supplier recommendations and requirements are incorporated into preservation procedures and project programs.
- Liaise with Engineering to determine preservation requirements for non-skid mounted plant & equipment.
- Liaise With Engineering/Vendors/Contractors to determine possible access and optimal preservation regime for all plant and equipment.
- Ensure Preservation activities are adequately estimated and allowed for within the project integrated plans/Contractors schedules etc.
- Liaise with Commissioning to ensure that critical preservation is not compromised by commissioning testing/procedures.
- Liaise with System Handover Management Process (SHMP) coordinator to establish comprehensive Tag.
- Database and ensure consistency between databases.
- Manage and audit main construction contractor to ensure de-preservation / re-preservation is properly implemented and recorded: on receipt at fabrication yard/construction site, on installation and during commissioning.
- Profile Minimum: Recognized HNC/HND with appropriate experience.
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety.
- Awareness of similar safety management systems.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Preservation and cleanliness process.
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas/petrochemical/power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to the development of the following skill sets:
- Involvement with Engineering Contractor and Suppliers in the design phase.
- Development of Preservation and Cleanliness procedures, check sheets, frequency and tracking Commissioning Completion process.
- System Handover Process from Construction, Commissioning and Operations.
- Control of Work processes during execution.
- Location: Port Harcourt
- Minimum level of experience required (6 years or more)
- Required authorisations BOSIETSAS & HUETOSP
- Languages: English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Our ambition Combining our differences "SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.
General information Organisation
As an international multi-technical services subsidiary of the SPIE group, SPIE Oil & Gas Services provides the oil and gas industry with a complete range of resources and skills for exploring and investigating new fields, building and operating facilities and optimising production in the best possible conditions in terms of safety, costs, lead times and quality.
With around 3,200 employees of 73 different nationalities working in 30 countries in Europe, Africa, the Asia-Pacific region and the Middle East, SPIE Oil & Gas Services offers services across five business major lines – well delivery & management, projects, engineering & construction, assessment & competency development, commissioning & startup, operations, maintenance & asset integrity – for its customers, including operators, engineering firms, and oil and gas contractors.
With around 47,200 employees and a strong local presence, SPIE achieved in 2019 consolidated revenues of billion and consolidated EBITA of €416 million.