Aircall is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry! We are an advanced, cloud-based business phone system and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool (no hardware, 100% integrated).But behind our product are the people driving it . Ambition, Community, Teamwork and Transparency – these are the values we live by at Aircall. We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest growing B2B startups — then Aircall is the company you are looking for! Aircall is hiring a Commercial Counsel to help us support our Paris office. This individual will work closelywith our Accounts, Marketing, Business Operations, and Go-To-Market teams, leading legal negotiationsand giving advice at all levels of the organization. This position must be able to work collaboratively withother team members across disciplines. You should have the ability to work independently from day onebut should know when to escalate legal issues. This position will report to our General Counsel.
What you will do:
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex technology and commercial transactions to support customer sales, our purchase of software and services from vendors, and growth-driven partnerships (e.g., SaaS agreements, MSAs, Terms and Conditions, NDAs and others)
- Respond promptly to requests for legal advice from sales, customer relationship management, and operations.
- Support the company’s procurement efforts (SaaS, consultant agreements)
- Support the ongoing improvement of our contract templates, playbooks and processes, with an emphasis on efficiency and scalability;
- Engage internal stakeholders to identify and remediate impediments to deal closure, including potential work-arounds if applicable and consistent with corporate policy and best practices.
- Develop and execute training programs to ensure sales teams can assist and support negotiations.
- Counsel internal clients on a variety of diverse legal areas.
Your will need:
- Minimum of 5 years of complex transactional experience at either a large law firm and/or in house (startup experience is a plus)
- Solid experience negotiating technology agreements
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to identify contractual issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Highly organized and process driven, with the ability to work independently with little guidance, but an understanding of when legal matters need escalation.
- Hands-on experience handling complex transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Strong business acumen and a good sense of humor.
- Possess a practical, creative, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise impeccable judgment.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of GDPR.
- Qualified in at least one European Jurisdiction
- Fluent in French
- Additional European languages.
- Intellectually curious about technology and energized by the challenges of advising a dynamic, high-growth company.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems.
Why join us? Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities ♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit 30+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset Sunny offices in the center of Paris with incredible perks and regular team parties Competitive salary package & benefits (health coverage, lunch, commute, sports)Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.