Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travel, data, and product.
FindHotel believes that travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip. In the last 12 months we helped travellers book 1 million nights, while growing profitably at +100% a year, a unique achievement in the accommodation industry today.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Commercial Business Analyst to join our Supply team which owns the technical, business & commercial integration and management of our supply partners (such as online travel agencies). Owning & optimising these relationships from an analytical perspective is a key, central & strategic role so it's a great opportunity for a business minded analyst to make a lasting impact and grow together with us.
What you will be doing
- Build & own the key metrics that track the performance of our supply partners and our company revenues.
- Analyze data sets from our website and partners to surface issues & opportunities that help us optimize our business and guide our supply strategy
- Support our Business Development efforts with analysis & insights to help improve our relationship with existing partners or to decide which new partners to start working with
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Product teams, and their analysts, on mutual dependencies between their projects and those of the Supply team
- Work closely with our Business Intelligence & Data Engineering team to make sure the data we get from our partners is accurate & correctly represented in our databases and dashboards
- Support the technical integration of new partners by mapping various business rules & requirements and communicate these to our engineering teams.
- Be in touch with account managers or analysts at our key partners to share & align with them on performance metrics and reporting requirements
- As the owner of all our incoming revenues, track, report and forecast overall company revenues for the other teams and the leadership.
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you have a quick look at your dashboard to confirm that there are no issues with the conversion rates or the reporting feeds from our supply partners. During the daily stand-up, you discuss this week's priorities with the Supply team. You sync with them and mention a new promising supply partner and insights from your analysis showing that we should work closely with them. Next, you investigate issues with a partner that has been having lower conversion rates lately. Your analysis leads you to a particular marketing channel responsible for this so you set a meeting with the marketing team to decide how to solve it. After a healthy catered lunch you test your skills at some competitive tables tennis and go for coffee at a nearby coffee joint. After lunch, you work on the reporting standards of partners to make sure that the latest partner's reporting fits them and that we are correctly interpreting the data we are getting from them. Before finishing off for the day you prepare your monthly financial presentation update for the weekly Friday all-hands company meeting.
You will be working with Data Analysts, Business Developers, Engineers & Product Owners within your team as well as collaborating with Marketing, Product, and Business Intelligence teams.
People we love
- You have experience making data driven business decisions
- You are tech savvy & comfortable working with large, multi-dimensional data sets (SQL & BI software like Looker, Qlikview, Tableau )
- You have worked in the e-commerce space (online travel would be great)
- You are a strong communicator and are able to take the lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- You are commercially minded.
- You are precise, thorough and have a keen eye for detail
- You are flexible, curious and data-guided in deciding what to work on.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, and be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- We are on a mission to change the trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on benefiting the traveller.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value food, and offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches).