Do you have the technical breadth that it takes to help startups migrate to the Oracle Cloud? If so, apply now to join the Oracle for Startups team.
- 10+ years of professional career with at least 5 years of hands-on experience with OCI, AWS or Azure
- Familiar with core infrastructure (virtualization, bare metal, Kubernetes), databases (Oracle Autonomous Database, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) and caches (ELK, Redis, Memcached)
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure automation (Chef, Terraform, Ansible), integration (APIs, SDK’s, iPaaS, SOA) and emerging technologies (blockchain, digital assistants)
- Good verbal and visual communication skills in English (other languages are a plus) OCI, GCP, AWS or Azure certifications
What You Will Do
Oracle for Startups Program offers free cloud credits, 70% cloud discount from day 1, hands-on assistance, unlimited access to Oracle’s global technical support, additional Q&A and escalation support, hands-on assistance, engagement opportunities with Oracle’s 430.000+ customers, and other benefits.
As a cloud architect, your role is to support our startups in adopting Oracle cloud services while providing the tools, processes, and resources that ensure long-term success in a self-service model. Our approach begins at the tactical level, responding to onboarding and cloud migration requests from startups that have recently joined the Oracle For Startups program or have been in the program for some time and are now ready to move to OCI.
Our engagements quickly turn strategic as startups familiarize themselves with the platform and become more receptive to new concepts and ideas that will enable them to run production workloads, at scale, efficiently, and securely on OCI. Our engagements culminate with implementing a comprehensive cloud framework focused on four pillars - Security, Performance & Cost, Reliability & Resilience, and Operational Efficiency. The result being our startups have the tools, training and resources to build successful long-term businesses leveraging Oracle's extensive cloud service offerings. You will leverage Oracle’s deep expertise to lead startups’ migration to the Oracle Cloud to prepare them to reach larger customers.
What We Deliver
- Superior Performance: We combine no network or CPU over-subscription, and locally attached NVMe storage, with a highly scalable, flat network design to limit the network hops between compute and storage to a maximum of two.
- Scalability: We distribute across multiple “availability domains” with independent resources like power generators, cooling equipment, networking, and servers.
- Security: We isolate startups, protect data-at-rest and in-transit and offer effective and easy-to-use security controls, and comprehensive log data.
- Predictable Pricing: We don’t have complicated pricing models tied to individual services, and eliminate hidden and unpredictable costs related to things like bandwidth, data egress, and storage.
- Openness: We respect the freedom to use multiple clouds, and choose different languages, frameworks, libraries, runtimes, databases, etc.
- Smooth Transition: We minimize the impact to the business (target is always zero) during migration.
Who We Are
- Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
- Resist Passivity: We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
- Always Be Scrappy: Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble, and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
- Cloud Adoption Centric: When we evaluate our activities, initiatives, and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
- Metrics Driven: When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
- Planetary Scale: The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in a highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution.
- Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
- As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy.
- Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications.
- Communicate product strategy and functionality.
- Initiate and foster relationships with other groups.
- Review product documentation and collateral.
- Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment.
- Fully competent in own area of expertise.
- May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time