The essence of this challenging yet rewarding role is to support businesses in Cornwall to take pro-active steps to realise their business growth ambitions. The ERDF funded ‘Breakthrough’ and ‘InFocus’ programmes offer a range of support options that enable us to work with a diverse range of business clients at different stages of growth. You’ll talk to business leaders with different levels of prior business experience, from start-up entrepreneurs to seasoned Managing Directors. As a first point of call, your job will be to engage the leaders on the phone, understand their needs and provide information to illustrate the value of support available. Demonstrating a genuine interest in their business ambitions and plans, you will provide a positive initial experience that will enthuse and encourage potential clients to participate in the ‘Breakthrough’ and ‘In Focus’ programmes. The role also involves working closely with colleagues to pass on your initial business diagnostic thoughts to ensure a seamless and positive client experience; to facilitate this, you will ensure robust reporting is maintained and that internal procedures are followed.
Applicants must have:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Excellent listening and communication skills – verbal, written
- Strong interpersonal skills with a can do attitude and the ability to build rapport and engage clients effectively
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Driven to deliver quality whilst working towards programme targets
- Demonstrable ability to organise to an exceptionally high standard
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook
- Experience in a client/customer services position
- Experience of working with SMEs
- Demonstrable experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of using CRM Systems
- Experience of reporting, uploading and storing project data in line with ERDF/ESF or funding guidelines
- Knowledge or experience of working with statutory, educational, voluntary and commercial sectors
- Exceptional listening skills with an enthusiastic approach to supporting others
- Friendly, positive approach to working with clients and colleagues
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- An outstanding, motivated and supportive team player with high integrity and respect for others.
- Good attention to detail with a desire to achieve high quality outcomes.
- The post holder will be office based and will be required to travel throughout Cornwall; a driving licence is therefore essential. This position is initially fixed term until October 2021 with a strong likelihood of extension thereafter