As we continue to expand our business globally (±100% YOY growth run rate), we are always looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travel, data, and product. We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Product to join us in becoming a global travel global leader.
In essence, our product mission is to get every traveler the best deal worldwide. With the increase of price dynamics in the accommodation market and our abilities to store practically all intent, price, availability and behavioral data, we can see a great longer-term added value in matching the best deal to every traveler. We believe that on top of this User Experience, Customer Management and AI will play a fundamental role in reshaping our product.
Are you passionate about travel, data, and product? Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for a stellar product leader with experience in building sizeable product teams, preferably in a fast growing data-driven e-commerce platform or online marketplace.
Part of the core responsibility of this role is to oversee the daily operations of our product and design teams. Along with this, you will work to define product development methodologies, as well as help to measure key success metrics for the product development and design teams. You will lead a team of product managers and designers and rapidly grow the team in the coming years. You will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer and our Chief Executive Officer.
As a leader at Findhotel, you share our passion for developing amazing products and building a global category leader. You take pleasure in challenging your team, fostering a culture of accountability and developing them into stronger colleagues and product leaders.
What you'll be doing
- Set and drive our product vision, innovation and strategies towards our mission of getting every traveler the best accommodation deal worldwide.
- Build and drive squads of world-class Product Managers, UX designers, and Engineers to engage customers, set strategy, define roadmaps for a product portfolio, work with research and engineering to deliver and then guide the execution to realize the business impact.
- Foster innovation and high standards among your team. Support them with positive incentives, develop them to their highest potential, and learn from them to improve your own skill set.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers including technology teams and business development partners to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order. In order to ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned, the CPO will need to drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Help the organization reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, etc.).
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks).
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organizational objectives.
- Ensure strong team dynamics, team + individual team member performance and growth.
- Relentlessly recruit and develop the best product, engineering and design talent in the industry.
- Be in the details. Know your team’s work in depth; get your hands dirty a lot.
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast, be biased towards action.
- Drive the team to set and achieve qualitative objectives and quantitative goals with their Program teams.
- Experienced as Product Leader, who worked in forward-thinking organizations and has unique insights into how to foster innovation and high standards among your team. Support them with positive incentives, develop them to their highest potential, and learn from them to improve your own skillset.
- A professional who has stellar design instincts and product vision.
- A computer science degree, MBA or equivalent. Technical/Product understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 10+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished!
- Stellar design instincts and product vision.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality - biased towards action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Focused on data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Customer-centric-creativity - you are unwilling to make your problems your customers’ problems and are able to identify and solve problems customers didn't even know they have.
- A true passion for the company’s hybrid technology/data/ product nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- And a positive humble attitude - you are fun to work with 🙂
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, and be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- We are on a mission to change the trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on benefiting the traveler.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value foo.O0JId and offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches) .