You’re interested to join a small but growing international media & events company in Barcelona?
Menlo Media S.L. is the company behind EU-Startups.com (the leading online publication focusing on startups in Europe), and organizer of the annual EU-Startups Summit.
To further grow our media & events business, we’re looking for a proactive, smart and hardworking Chief Operating Officer.
Although this is a "pretty senior" job title, we're actually looking for a rather young and ambitious individual who is able to grow into this position, while together growing the company and impact of our initiatives.
Your main tasks would be to help with advertising sales for EU-Startups.com, contribute to the organisation and sponsorship sales for the next editions of the EU-Startups Summit, help managing our job board, help create premium reports, help with administrative tasks, managing the volunteers of our events (etc.). Sounds like a lot, right? 🙂 Well, we can asure you that you probably won't get bored so soon.
Since you’d be our 3rd (or 4th) full-time team member, we’re rather looking for a generalist instead of a specialist. Most important for us is that you're excited about startups, online media and tech events and about the opportunity to play a key role in the further growth of Menlo Media.
Preferably you have the following skills/experience:
- You’re a native English speaker, or you’ll at least have very good English skills. Spanish, German, or French would be a plus.
- Experience with Facebook Advertising / Event Marketing (preferably with hands-on experience from other tech/startup conferences like Web Summit, TOA, 4YFN, etc.)
- Experience with Advertising & Sponsorship Sales (Media or Events)
- You’re familiar with basic startup & tech terminology
- You have basic or advanced knowledge regarding WordPress, SEO, Eventbrite, Pipedrive, MS office, Google docs,…
- You’re excited about startups, Europe’s future and tech!
Also, you should be based in Barcelona or be willing to relocate here soon!
Please be aware, that we’re looking for a long-term engagement and we’re therefore seeking someone who’d like join our small but growing team for many years to come.
The start date would be August 1 or September 1. We’re looking forward to your application. 🙂 Please also mention your desired salary!