Our venture team Forecasty.AI envisions democratizing AI-based forecasting in the B2B industry by enabling firms to take faster and smarter business decisions with state-of-the-art AI. To achieve this vision, Forecasty.AI team has developed two differentiated products. The first product, Business Desk, aims to improve business decisions across marketing, finance and procurement via a self-service AI-based forecasting product. The second product, Commodity Desk, improves business decisions of purchasing managers of – commodities (e.g., metals, mining, chemicals) with ready to use price forecasts and market insights.
Based in Mannheim (Germany), we are an ambitious team that aims to build scalable and high-growth digital B2B AI-First SaaS that will shape the future of B2B industry. Find more information on the Venture at our homepage www.forecasty.ai.
We are looking for a strategically and operationally strong, mature and highly motivated Chief Growth Officer. As Chief Growth Officer you will be responsible for refining the product-market fit, developing and executing our go-to-market strategy, and leading the execution and resourcing of our business development efforts. The role is suitable for someone who is already experienced in building and scaling successful B2B SaaS products that consistently outperform customer and revenue targets.
- Accelerate product-market fit & iteratively refine business model to drive user adoption of the product to meet key revenue and growth targets
- Strategize and execute go-to-market in close collaboration with the CEO & the Board
- Continuously monitor customer feedback to ensure product-market fit & feed them back to the product development team
- Collaborate across teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction to meet the growth & customer satisfaction metrics
- Demonstrate customers & sales partners on the technical features and communicate how AI-powered forecasting platform delivers value in various business decision scenarios
- Lead sales & marketing team to manage & scale B2B SaaS sales and marketing activities (e.g., digital marketing, product promotion, virtual networking channels, conferences and fairs)
- Ensure healthy revenue growth & track relevant customer metrics (sales pipeline, CLV, CAC, churn rate, MRR, ARR etc.) and report them to the CEO & the Board on a regular basis
- Continuously monitor the competitive landscape of Forecasty.AI, iterate the commercial strategy & feed them back to the product development team
- Support the CEO in spin-off preparations (e.g., financing, contract management), specifically in raising seed capital from institutional VCs and other operational topics, when needed
- Proven experience (minimum 5 - 10 years) in Sales, Marketing or product management SaaS B2B role within a growing start-up, ideally working as or working with Chief Commercial Officer or Chief Marketing Officer (or equivalent) of a B2B SaaS start-up in a management position, overseeing a team of 5 + people
- You have excellent communication skills in native German and English, and you feel comfortable having regular interactions with customers – both online and offline
- A true founder mindset who is creative, customer-centric, hands-on, data-driven and collaborative team player thriving in a start-up environment with a flat structure
- You have significant experience in building and scaling up marketing, sales and subscription activities in a B2B SaaS environment with a high affinity towards digital marketing channels
- You describe yourself as a generalist who is willing to take up tasks outside your comfort zone and follow a data-driven approach to solve business problems
- You have an MBA (preferred) or master’s or doctoral degree in Management, Business Administration, International Business, Economics
- You have proven people leadership in an ambiguous market environment and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders come naturally to you
- You have been instrumental in supporting the company financing and growth during pre-seed to seed and series A; ideally having seen a team grow from 5 up to circa 30 employees with revenue growth
- You are fully aware that being a CGO at an early stage start-up comes with a strong upside, but none of the economic security of a corporate career and are happy with it
- You have a good understanding of how to use differentiated business models to unlock value in AI First B2B SaaS
- You have a high degree of technology affinity and an excellent understanding of product-market fit, iterative development, and scaling sales processes via CRM-systems, ideally HubSpot
- You are able to work independently and ready to travel up to 20% of your working time within Europe
- A steady interaction and dialogue with experienced colleagues from two worlds – corporate BASF and our wide external network
- Use the mass of experiences of your colleagues and our Entrepreneurs in Residence to develop yourself and your Venture further
- Flexible working time and mobile work as well as usual perks of a company in the start-up environment, e.g. free drinks, and an inspiring atmosphere within an unconventional location in Mannheim
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to be part of the growing Venture Team Forecasty.AI
- Note : The initial contract will be valid until January 2022, as we are currently raising the investment in the next 6 months. Please note that we do not offer visa sponsorship.