Are you ready to transform mobility in cities with shared bikes?
Donkey Republic is expanding its fast-growing company and is seeking a talented individual for the Product team to join the family and help build our groundbreaking bike service. We are 14,000 bicycles large, expecting to serve +1million customers this year in 10 large and another 50 smaller cities in Europe.
These are exciting times for Donkey Republic as we are maturing our bike sharing services and growing our business every day. We are making a great dent in the universe by growing Europeans’ bike-print. We demonstrate how bike shares can play a major role in urban mobility. We are bringing Copenhagen to the world city by city - a great purpose to come to work every day.
You will be accountable for the financial management and reporting of the company.
This includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. We expect you are strong in accounting practices. Experience with cross-border operations is an advantage. You will be at the forefront of reporting to the board and to the markets.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Work with CEO and BI-team to develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage accounting, legal, tax, and treasury
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations (when relevant)
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices related to accounting
- Implement and oversee employee benefit plans
- Supervise acquisition due diligence together with the rest of the management team
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all relevant forms with government authorities.
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Comfortable to operate in an environment where company stocks are listed publicly
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt financing for bikes (projected amount ~5m EUR in 2017 and ~30m EUR 2018)
- Support CEO in equity fundraising efforts
- Participate and lead when necessary discussions with potential investors and lenders.
- Participate in conference calls with the investors
- Participate in discussions with Donkey partnerships involving joint ventures
- Maintain banking relationships
The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience for a company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience as CFO, finance officer or similar relevant role
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office or equivalent, and financial management software (E-conomic + next level)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Strong Danish language skills
You will work in an office environment. Minor travel activities (15% or less).
Applications processed as they are received. This position is open until we have the right candidate.