Who are we?
We are Zuma Array www.zuma.ai A British technology company that seeks to redefine the relationship we have with sound and lighting in our homes.
Based in Shoreditch within the heart of London’s East End.
Zuma is a game changer in the way that we listen to music, watch films, or simply relax. The way we have listened to music in our home hasn’t changed in decades, until now.
And for most of us lights just went on and off or occasionally dimmed. Complex custom AV solutions take up space, are expensive and very convoluted to use, and most fail over time.
Zuma doesn’t just provide a totally new way to experience incredibly immersive sound and superior human centric lighting, it discreetly becomes part of your home
Our team is made up of passionate world-class experts in the fields of acoustic engineering, software engineers, mechanical engineers, IoT, and industrial design.
Our ambition is to create the world's leading fully immersive experiences in the home through sound, light, content and sensors.
Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer, you must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations, including early-stage VC fundraising and presenting to the Board.
This will be a highly important and complex role leading and overseeing the financial department and strategies on a global level.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and the imagination and drive to revolutionise our product, and to innovate in new and exciting ways.
You are both a Technology visionary and operator. You have a passion for growing a fast-moving innovative start-up, but also for people management, and business strategy.
Key responsibilities :
- Raise investment to fuel our growth with proven experience of moving from Seed through to Growth rounds
- Managing the relationships with existing and new investors
- Producing financial reports, budgets, forecasts and financial models for the Directors
- Producing financial analysis on various business opportunities and monitoring different revenue streams
- Drive strategy and governance which supports the business in achieving ambitious revenue growth
- First-class execution in managing working capital and securing appropriate inventory finance structures.
- You will have experience of physical goods
- You have expertise in Finance transformation and / or have worked as a transformation advisor or consultant with CFOs and their teams
- Strong exposure to Fundraising - previously delivered in Series A - C funding rounds
- Experience in start-ups, or businesses going through transformational periods
- Great presence in client-facing, with appropriate gravitas, when dealing with investors and customers
- You take initiative, are a self-starter, resilient, comfortable with constant change and ambiguity
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required and when external conditions permit
- Self-directed and detail-oriented, with strong communication, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills contributing to the detail as well as providing direction to the business
- Intellectually curious, with a demonstrated commitment to continuous growth
- Qualified Accountant or MBA Finance or another similar Finance background